Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Build Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Dispatched since the 14th, any idea how long it takes after this??

Ok received It today, all looks good, just wondering though is the stock heatsink and fan fine to use until I want to overlook? I can then use the artic cooler instead.
    Or do you think I should just change it straight away. Thanks.

• Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

think you should change it right away beings it will pro long the life of your cpu plus it'll be a hell of alot quieter

• think you should change it right away beings it will pro long the life of your cpu plus it'll be a hell of alot quieter
    Thanks again man, just one more question. I have the artic cooler fitted. Idle temps are around 32c and i went up to around 37 - 38c during heavy load (Crysis 2). Are these temps OK or should the artic freezer have it running cooler? It's not overclocked either BTW, which I was cosidering doing without raising the vcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thanks again man, just one more question. I have the artic cooler fitted. Idle temps are around 32c and i went up to around 37 - 38c during heavy load (Crysis 2). Are these temps OK or should the artic freezer have it running cooler? It's not overclocked either BTW, which I was cosidering doing without raising the vcore.

Those temps sound good to me for a stock cpu..
    crysis 2 gets me up to about 50-55C on an overclocked I5 760(4.0 ghz)
    with a noctua nh-d14 cooler...

• Advertisement
Advertisement