Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discharge From Dogs Eye

• 11-03-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

My dog has had a white-ish discharge from one of her eyes today and I have to keep wiping it clean (well a small amount every half hour). I think shes blinking strangely in that eye too. Is there anything I can do to give it a clean?

She rolled in faeces yesterday on our walk (nice scent in the car ride home) and she always rubs her face first in whatever she wants to roll in so I'm thinking maybe a little of that went into her eye.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kitiara

try washing it out gently with hand warm, previously boiled water or chamomille solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Cooled boiled water on a cotton swab, or gauze if you have it would be the best. I'd recommend you visit your vet to be safe, she could get a nasty infection after exposing her eyes to faecal matter.

Advertisement