Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats and Birds/Magpies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

our neighbours cat lost an eye to those flippin magpies.
    Our poor cat is tormented by them, im an animal lover through and through but jesus do i detest those things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

Ha Ha, That's two popular sayings filmed here. "There's strength in numbers" and "The hunter becomes the hunted" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

Loopsie wrote: »
    our neighbours cat lost an eye to those flippin magpies.
    :(
    How many birds has the neighbours cat killed?. Magpies are opportunistic predators, just like cats. By your logic you should hate cats as well.
    Our poor cat is tormented by them, im an animal lover through and through but jesus do i detest those things
    The magpies torment your cat because it's in their interest not to have a fellow predator around. Your cat will compete will them for prey and is a danger to their magpie chicks as well.

Traonach wrote: »
    Magpies are opportunistic predators, just like cats.

Is this true? I would have thought they were more scavenger than predator...

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

How many birds has the neighbours cat killed?. Magpies are opportunistic predators, just like cats. By your logic you should hate cats as well.

The magpies torment your cat because it's in their interest not to have a fellow predator around. Your cat will compete will them for prey and is a danger to their magpie chicks as well.

the cat was eating his food at the time and was surrounded by them. Magpies are vermon in my book, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Magpies are evil :p Not but seriously they appear to act maliciously with no real gain. They tormented my last dog, one would fly down low in the garden,run up and down the wall to get his attention while another flew behind him and pecked his tail?? I dont see what the purpose of that was??? :confused::confused:

The dog was indoor dog who couldnt even bury a bone properly,not much of a threat. They were tormenting him. And he never forgot it,every time he seen them he went ballistic :p

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Magpies are evil. They tormented my last dog, one would fly down low in the garden,run up and down the wall to get his attention while another flew behind him and pecked his tail?? I dont see what the purpose of that was??? :confused::confused:

So much for "2 for joy!" eh? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Magpies are evil :p Not but seriously they appear to act maliciously with no real gain. They tormented my last dog, one would fly down low in the garden,run up and down the wall to get his attention while another flew behind him and pecked his tail?? I dont see what the purpose of that was??? :confused::confused:

The dog was indoor dog who couldnt even bury a bone properly,not much of a threat. They were tormenting him. And he never forgot it,every time he seen them he went ballistic :p
    They saw him as a threat. Just as swallows will mob crows relentlessly, they see them as a threat.

Nature is cruel though. My cat caught a rabbit in November. He came into the kitchen with the rabbit. I tried to get the rabbit off him, but he ran off. He came back an hour later with the rabbit still alive. He had eaten both hind legs off. Is my cat evil? No, it's just in his nature to be cruel.

Advertisement