Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne car boot sale

Options
  • 11-03-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Was just looking at this site, says there is a car boot sale in Ashbourne on Sundays. I was thinking about booking a pitch there some time soon, anyone know if many people go? Just wondering if it would be worth my while...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I didnt even know that it was going on.
    Might be a good idea to drop down this weekend and have a look at it...

actually hold on... i think i was there once, ages ago. must have reopened so.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ladycam

Myself and friend took a pitch one day last summer. Fair few customers but it was an absolute scorcher. I found that the stuff I was selling was more expensive than anybody wanted to pay. (I had a gorgeous kids fancy dress costume- couldnt even get €2.50 for it!) So if you are hoping to make a fortune- forget about it, its a long day minus the cost of the pitch.
    If you are really set on it though, I would wait til weather gets a bit better. They set up a bouncy castle the day I did it, so a lot of passersby came in just to give the kids a go on that.
    HTH
    Good luck if you go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Well, i went along for a look. I thought weekly was probably a bad idea and I was right. There were 4 cars and 2 vans and a guy with a trailer full of bags of coal. At 2pm they were all starting to pack up and they didn't look like they'd sold much anyway. Think i'll have a look around for a monthly one or a busy weekly market with car boot pitches available.

Maybe in Summer as ladycam said, it would be more worth it but for now I am calling this one...

Car Boot FAIL ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

• Registered Users Posts: 7 heavyknitter

Besides Ashbourne is there any other boot sales in north dublin. Did the kart track in santry one reopen, and I also remember one being in AUL on the Baskin having a sale at one time. Any info appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement