Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperately seeking root beer!

Options
  • 11-03-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I’m hoping to track down some root beer (soft drink) for an American relative who’s coming to visit. Does anyone know of shops or supermarkets which might have it?

The American brand of root beer that my relative drinks is called Barq’s, but if that can’t be found I’d settle for another kind. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

No doubt your american visitor has long since arrived and gone but if anyone else was interested then the novelty sweet shop beside the Central Bank in Dame street, Dublin is selling A&W root beer for 1.7 a can. Fallon and Byrnes sometimes sell it also but they charge 1.95 a can (the A&W cans are larger then the 330ml euro size - 355ml). The sweet shop is also selling 12 can crates at a slightly reduced rate (12 cans for the price of 11).

And they have 12-can crates of Vanilla coke also - never liked the that stuff but someone out there might.

You can also get A&W root beer in a lot of the Asian and Phillipino grocery stores around the city centre but it is a slightly different formulation then the A&W imported from the US and not as nice.

Advertisement