Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at train station?

Options
  • 11-03-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how much it is to park for the day at the train station? And are there lots of spaces?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

There is a small car park, should have no problem getting a space as long as your early, no idea on charges though.

Check out the link for more info.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

No Charges unless they introduced them in the past month or so.

There is a lot of parking at collooney and they charge. I think it is a couple of euro a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

there was no charge for parking until now but last week i've seen them putting up new meters so it wont be free for much longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

No charges at the moment. They're currently revamping the car park though (MUCH NEEDED) - making it bigger etc. so there's gonna be charges then I believe. But for the next few weeks anyway, it's free.

Bear in mind though that there aren't many parking spaces. Whether you're picking someone up or leaving someone to the station, make sure you get there at least 20 mins before the train leaves to secure a parking spot.

I get the train every week so I'm well experienced :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I was up there last week, they've made the road single lane while working on it. It's a bit of a challenge if you meet a car half way down! Reversing round a blind corner uphill. Yikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I frigging hate having to pick someone up in the train station... reminds of this iPod game:

ParkingLot.jpg

Your guaranteed to have 6 taxi's parked at various angles across the parking lot.. pain in the arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That made me laugh Basq!

I only went to Sligo once and it was very much like that. I stick to Collooney now, there are always spaces and 2 euro a day isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Firstly ..... sorry sorry sorry sorry for dragging up an old thread - but starting a new one with the same type of question just seemed pointless - so hope this is ok as its relevent why I've dragged it up again, promise!

This was posted in 2011 - so what's the update since on parking for the train station? Where exactly IS the carpark? I'm looking to park for the whole day so looking for somewhere secure (mainly!) and affordable is second to that, but also helpful. I know where the station is, but I've only dropped/collected someone outside so never really took in where the stations carpark is or if there's much parking in the area.

Thanks for any recent info and apologies for resurrecting an ancient thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I would suggest parking at Collooney, I've parked there for whole days when I've got the train up to Dublin and never had any issues. Lots more parking there than there is at Sligo station, which I hate having to go to. There is also now finally a ticket machine at Collooney so you can pick up your pre-paid tickets. Its €2 a day I think to park, I use parkbytext.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

muddypaws wrote: »
    I would suggest parking at Collooney, I've parked there for whole days when I've got the train up to Dublin and never had any issues. Lots more parking there than there is at Sligo station, which I hate having to go to. There is also now finally a ticket machine at Collooney so you can pick up your pre-paid tickets. Its €2 a day I think to park, I use parkbytext.

Thanks for the info but unfortunately my travel has to be from Sligo station as I am travelling with others and we all need to board there together, I'm the rare one out having to travel and needing to drive, etc etc - so unfortunately that isn't an option for me to park elsewhere

Where IS the carpark for the Sligo station - I know your not a fan of it but you hate it so you know where it is! haha :p So could you clue me into that please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Thanks for the info but unfortunately my travel has to be from Sligo station as I am travelling with others and we all need to board there together, I'm the rare one out having to travel and needing to drive, etc etc - so unfortunately that isn't an option for me to park elsewhere

Where IS the carpark for the Sligo station - I know your not a fan of it but you hate it so you know where it is! haha :p So could you clue me into that please?
    Outside the station. Which is behind the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

The parking (what there is of it) is right in front of the station, you drive up the little access road, the station is on your left, and the parking is in front of it.

Advertisement