Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block proxy servers??

Options
  • 11-03-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine runs a website with a live chat shout box. The shout box software allows you to only block specific ip addresses but he has been having problems with banned users using proxy servers to access the website.

I was wondering if there is any free or commercial software or code that would enable him to block proxy's from accessing the site or of anything that could help.

After googleing he came up with this site http://www.blockscript.com. Has anybody ever used them or any site like them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Could you block the IP of the common proxy servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Yes but we would need a list of common proxy's. so far he has blocked over 100 proxy's but I am sure there are thousands. Does anywhere publish a list of proxy's.

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions this is really not my thing.

Advertisement