Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a PC Built

Options
  • 11-03-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

quad core, 3.8GHz, youd get a terrabyte HDD with sata-11 speeds, 4 or 6 gigs of ram, maybe 8. - 400euro .. Good Price for what I'm getting??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There's a lot of maybes and a quad core could be any type. €400 doesn't sound too bad, but you could do it if you get a machine without a dedicated graphics card and a cheap PSU.

We need more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShielSullivan

what more info do you need? I don't know much about this sort of thing at all but hope to learn abit when Im getting this new one made

What type of quad core, the make, speed (Quad cores came out in 2006, it could be old/new)?
    4/6/8GB RAM - That could a difference in value of €40+.
    Is there a graphics card? What is it?
    Where is it coming from?

amd 965BE, 2.8GHZ,
    BE = black edition -- ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

tbh if it's from a regular retailer you're probably going to pay over the odds for hardware...

You should tell us exactly what you plan on using the pc for and then we'll be able to tell you what you need :)

• Advertisement

oh okay .. well in my spare time I'd be wanting to go back to games such as Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2 etc .. Um games such as minecraft, would love the option of playing with max graphics without the fear of lag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

tbh if it's from a regular retailer you're probably going to pay over the odds for hardware...

You should tell us exactly what you plan on using the pc for and then we'll be able to tell you what you need :)

edit:

Oh one of those ebay builds :p
    Well if you have the link to it then that would be good, sadly my experiences of those "ebay" builds is that they have great processors, lots of memory, flashy cases, but generally have poor power supplies and outdated motherboards from cheap manufacturers :/

Most important thing now is that you tell us what you will actually be doing with the pc

a friend has offered to build me one as he has just recently build one himself .. Gaming mostly .. any work etc will just be done on my laptop ... but yeah gaming mostly .. music ..

Is the processor from ebay or the whole system? If it's just the processor so far, then that's a good starting point.

well not all from ebay no .. he has shopped around various sites to put the pieces together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

quad core, 3.8GHz, youd get a terrabyte HDD with sata-11 speeds, 4 or 6 gigs of ram, maybe 8. - 400euro .. Good Price for what I'm getting??

If that includes:
    CPU
    RAM
    HDD
    DVD RW
    Motherboard
    PSU
    Case
    Monitor
    Windows 7

Then yes, €400 is an incredible price.

Windows 7 and the monitor would alone cost 100-150.

So quite how its a full build for that price, I don't know!

Advertisement