Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Bereaved Mother's phone has been barred

Options
  • 11-03-2011 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, I am writing on behalf of my mother. My father died recently and she missed one phone payment as my father's bank account hadn't been changed over to her name. The direct debit paying the phone bill stopped when my father died. You have barred her phone with the result that at 76 years of age she has no way of contacting us from her home should she need us. She does not have access to a mobile phone or email. Furthermore, my sister paid the outstanding balance of €125.68 by Visa Direct earlier today, but you still have not lifted the bar, meaning that although my mother can receive calls she cannot make them. I'm sure you can appreciate that this is a very distressing situation for a 76 year old woman who has just lost her husband to be in. I would appreciate it if you would rectify the situation immediately.

I find it shocking that you would cut off the phone line of an elderly customer without any investigation of the circumstances or regard for his dependents.

I've also sent this message to canwehelp@eircom.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Eircom usually have a pretty good policy and procedure for those who pass on. I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Am sure they'll be have it sorted for you soon.

Is this your first contact with them since the barring.

Can you or one of your siblings not give her a lend of your mobile phone?

Or you could buy a really cheap ready to go phone?

Ps. I am sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Bratface wrote: »
    Hi, I am writing on behalf of my mother. My father died recently and she missed one phone payment as my father's bank account hadn't been changed over to her name. The direct debit paying the phone bill stopped when my father died. You have barred her phone with the result that at 76 years of age she has no way of contacting us from her home should she need us. She does not have access to a mobile phone or email. Furthermore, my sister paid the outstanding balance of €125.68 by Visa Direct earlier today, but you still have not lifted the bar, meaning that although my mother can receive calls she cannot make them. I'm sure you can appreciate that this is a very distressing situation for a 76 year old woman who has just lost her husband to be in. I would appreciate it if you would rectify the situation immediately.

I find it shocking that you would cut off the phone line of an elderly customer without any investigation of the circumstances or regard for his dependents.

I've also sent this message to canwehelp@eircom.ie
    Hi Bratface
    I absolutely understand the distress in having your phone cut off and particularly in this example. If you PM me your line no and details I will chase this for you immediately.
    I accept that in the case of an elderly person their line is vital and leeway would definitely be given in these cases. But it is not always possible to recognise the special circumstances around individual accounts.
    PM and I will escalated this immediately.
    Tony

Advertisement