Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Installers

Options
  • 11-03-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Who are the Sky agents in town, Toners use to but quit because of slow payments from Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Paul Power in Dunmore. He'd nearly rewire your whole house he is so thorough.

Cant fault him, he will even advise how to get out of extra charges. I got stung with hidden charges by installers from a certain shopping centre booth before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

wellboy76 wrote: »

Cant fault him, he will even advise how to get out of extra charges. I got stung with hidden charges by installers from a certain shopping centre booth before.

Brilliant, do you have a contact number for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Sent by PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

If anyone looking for freesat hd 130 € installed?
    pm me ...
    Got it in last week

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

wellboy76 wrote: »

Also a word of caution about the "Sky installers" at that certain shopping centre booth ? They are not recognised as official installers by Sky. When I ran into bother with one of their boxes ( after about 2 months ) Sky HQ hadn't even heard of them so my " one year guarantee" from yer men was null and void . When I approached the lads/ lady with my problem in the shopping centre at a later date they duly took my name and address , but surprise ,surprise never called . Can't understand how the shopping retailer allows them to operate what seems to be a maverick operation . Treat 'em like potholes ........avoid 'em like the plague .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Can I just ask which shopping centre?? I know there is one in tesco ardkeen and another one in city square....but I thought these two where legit?? I'm planning on moving to sky when my contract with UPC is up and was thinking of going to one of the two mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Who are the Sky agents in town, Toners use to but quit because of slow payments from Sky.

It was down to Poor Installations that's why they lost the agency

Can I just ask which shopping centre?? I know there is one in tesco ardkeen and another one in city square....but I thought these two where legit?? I'm planning on moving to sky when my contract with UPC is up and was thinking of going to one of the two mentioned above.

Lets just say , ( not naming names) you're better off not going to any of the above outlets . I would ring Sky for the name of a registered installer in the South East .

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I've had the guy from Dunmore to my house and he done what 2 different Sky/Sierra engineers couldn't do - fixed my problem. Basically we needed the dish to be taken from the roof of the house and installed on the side. The registered Sky engineers wouldn't do it due to some health and safety BS, the Dunmore guy took out his ladder, climbed onto the roof, removed the dish and installed a brand new one on the side of the house. He had it done in 90 mintutes. Sky are a right shower to deal with - absolutely no communication between the call centres and the engineers.

I've had the guy from Dunmore to my house and he done what 2 different Sky/Sierra engineers couldn't do - fixed my problem. Basically we needed the dish to be taken from the roof of the house and installed on the side. The registered Sky engineers wouldn't do it due to some health and safety BS, the Dunmore guy took out his ladder, climbed onto the roof, removed the dish and installed a brand new one on the side of the house. He had it done in 90 mintutes. Sky are a right shower to deal with - absolutely no communication between the call centres and the engineers.

Well mine was a Sky HD box malfunction , dish was installed correctly . Perhaps you're right , the chap in Dunmore seems to know what he's at judging by the other posts . But bottom line .....keep away from the aforementioned "supermarket" installers , Sky do not recognise them and their year long guarantee is worthless .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Sorry to drag this thread up but im moving house in a months time would anyone have a number for this dunmore guy,thinking of getting at least 4 rooms in the house done want to see whats my best options,thinking sky in the sitting room and freeview in 3bedrooms if possible:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

If you want to get Sky installed, order online on www.sky.com/ireland and they sort out installation for you. It's free. No need to find installers yourself. Go through fatcheese.ie for up to €160 cashback, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

205427_197490243625271_197490100291952_517735_6835147_n.jpg

They sorted us out no problems at all.

Helped with saving a couple of euro too.

Ledger wrote: »
    205427_197490243625271_197490100291952_517735_6835147_n.jpg

They sorted us out no problems at all.

Helped with saving a couple of euro too.

Sorry, is there something I'm missing here? Sky install Sky for FREE.

Yes. I saw you say that the first time. I'm just giving information on B-Direct because I got it through them and they were very helpful, okay? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I agree, Just call skyireland and you get it installed for free!

IF you want sky ring sky, if you want free to air TV just stop sky if you already have it, the box is yours and the dish, you then get free to air tv.

UTV BBC C4 Film4 all in all about 20 channels.

B+Q sell free to air HD boxes plus dishes for about 79 euro, if you can drill a hole in the wall you can install it yourself, theres a guide to tell you where to point the dish, youre given a website to tell you where to point it depending on where you are and what satellite you want to point it at I think theres even a sat finder in the box, if not i think theyre about 10 euro in B+Q

I rang a guy satellite guy KEN something or other, could have done the job myself but i was so busy, he said yeah ill be there yeah ill be there, never turned up, all i wanted him to do was tune in the dish i had already mounted, He never turned up even though he was promising he would, I ended up just doing it myself when i got a chance.

Its free and easy except for the dish and reciever of course!

Yes. I saw you say that the first time. I'm just giving information on B-Direct because I got it through them and they were very helpful, okay? :confused:

Not really, help me out here. You're saying that a company who charge you to install Sky, a service that Sky themselves provide for free, are very helpful?

Either you work for B-Direct or economics isn't your strong point.

Not really, help me out here. You're saying that a company who charge you to install Sky, a service that Sky themselves provide for free, are very helpful?

No I do not work for them, but installation fees are not the only price you pay.

You are obviously forgetting the part about paying a monthly service charge.

No I do not work for them, but installation fees are not the only price you pay.

You are obviously forgetting the part about paying a monthly service charge.
    You pay B-Direct an installation fee and a monthly service charge?

:facepalm: No. You know sky? Did you know they charge a monthly rate for their TV service?

Now to be quite honest I'm getting tired of having this silly back and forth with you.

Buh-bye.

• Advertisement

:facepalm: No. You know sky? Did you know they charge a monthly rate for their TV service?

Now to be quite honest I'm getting tired of having this silly back and forth with you.

Buh-bye.
    Psst.. Sky's subscription charges are the same whether you let them install for free or you choose to waste money paying a third party for installation instead.

Psst.. Sky's subscription charges are the same whether you let them install for free or you choose to waste money paying a third party for installation instead.

Depends on when you get it in. Different offers on at different times. Ring someone in a call centre and you're not gonna get that kind of help. The person I dealt with came to the door and sat down with me to work out what package would suit etc.

Free equipment and a small installation fee is worth that kind of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Depends on when you get it in. Different offers on at different times. Ring someone in a call centre and you're not gonna get that kind of help. The person I dealt with came to the door and sat down with me to work out what package would suit etc.

they're chancers. notice how they're always looking for sales reps? its because they don't pay up. i know that doesn't make much difference to you once you have your sky installed but why support anyone like that.

they're chancers. notice how they're always looking for sales reps? its because they don't pay up. i know that doesn't make much difference to you once you have your sky installed but why support anyone like that.

Well I don't know anything about that like so I couldn't comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Have to say i agree with Kotek Besar in this arguement.

You say ah you pay for your installation anyway in your monthly Sky Bill.

But then that means YOU PAY for the installation with a Third Party and then you pay again in your monthly sky bill.

Just ring Sky Ireland, they'll advise you and tell you what it will or wont cost, theres always offers on. and actually theres an offer on at the moment.

Thats like taking your car for a PRE NCT it Failing the Pre NCT getting it sorted and then failing the NCT again only having to go back and get the other problems sorted!

No need for a pre NCT just take it if it fails get the things it failed on sorted, simples

Have to say i agree with Kotek Besar in this arguement.

You say ah you pay for your installation anyway in your monthly Sky Bill.

But then that means YOU PAY for the installation with a Third Party and then you pay again in your monthly sky bill.

Just ring Sky Ireland, they'll advise you and tell you what it will or wont cost, theres always offers on. and actually theres an offer on at the moment.

Thats like taking your car for a PRE NCT it Failing the Pre NCT getting it sorted and then failing the NCT again only having to go back and get the other problems sorted!

No need for a pre NCT just take it if it fails get the things it failed on sorted, simples

I do agree with you. It's up to the person I guess.

Advertisement