Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues after switching from Eircom to Vodafone

• 11-03-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I recently switched my landline from Eircom to Vodafone.
    Today I got an email from Vodafone telling me broadband was now active and that I was to reconfigure my router with Vodafone settings. I changed the username to vodafone@vodafone.ie

2 things since I did that.......

1. Download speed has decreased from 7Mb/s to 3Mb/s despite signing up for the €40 option at the following link
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/homebroadband/

2. Wireless ID (SSID) is still eircomxxxx xxxx. I cannot find any Vodafone SSID settings. Does this mean I am still getting a service from Eircom?

Does anybody know why my speed would have decreased or do I have to go and make an angry call to Vodafone? And does anybody know how I can switch wireless SSID to vodafone, or is it OK as is?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You'll need to contact Vodafone about your speed change.

The SSID can be changed to anything by yourself (well... within reason), it doesn't have to say eircomxxxx. You can leave it as is if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you go into the modem/router i.e. 192.168.0.1? . When changing the settings, after the vodafone@vodafone.ie, the password is broadband. Have you got that?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Did you go into the modem/router i.e. 192.168.0.1? . When changing the settings, after the vodafone@vodafone.ie, the password is broadband. Have you got that?
    I figured he did that, or he'd have no download speed at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭G1032

ya. Did that but speed dl speed only 3mb/s. I will call them tomorrow so.

Rang Vodafone this morning. They said I was down on their system for 2Mb/s download speed. I signed up for 8Mb/s and am getting 3Mb/s. Figure that one out??
    Was told to ring back on Monday............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

G1032 wrote: »
    Rang Vodafone this morning. They said I was down on their system for 2Mb/s download speed. I signed up for 8Mb/s and am getting 3Mb/s. Figure that one out??
    Was told to ring back on Monday............

I assume your exchange is not "NGB" enabled in that case. Which pretty much means you'll be on 3Mb until the local exchange is upgraded.

roast wrote: »
    I assume your exchange is not "NGB" enabled in that case. Which pretty much means you'll be on 3Mb until the local exchange is upgraded.

Ya. Just off the phone with Vodafone there. Said same as you did.....not on NGB.
    I explained that we have been mislead by their salesman and that I may cancel the contract. He said no bother. I need to find out first though if there will be a reconnection fee to Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

if you are not on Vodafone's NGB enhanced broadband. This applies to you

Value broadband is up to 3Mb/s €40
    Ideal Broadband is up to 7mb/s €48
    Ultimate Broadband is up to 24mb/s €62

Op for an extra €8 you could increase back up to 7mb/s

Thats the package i am on right now, haven't had any issues yet.

Advertisement