Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keys - Scary stats on front door keys

• 12-03-2011 12:25am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.nearfieldcommunicationsworld.com/2011/03/10/36415/research-shows-potential-of-nfc-in-helping-homeowners-manage-their-keys-more-securely/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nfcw+%28Near+Field+Communications+World%29
    The research found that:

* The average Brit owns or carries a total of nine keys but has no idea what at least three of them are for. 27% of those polled said that they own between 10 and 15 different keys, with a further 9% possessing 21 or more separate keys.
    * 20% keep the keys to their old home after moving but only 30% change the locks when moving into a new home.
    * 20% of homes have a key hidden within ten feet of the front door. The most common hiding place is beneath a rock in the garden, with 13% of Brits admitting to employing this tactic, followed by plant pots (12%), underneath door mats (10%) and even under car tyres (7%).
    * 12% don't change their locks after having their keys stolen and a further 11% don't change their locks after losing their keys — even though 5% have a tag carrying their home address attached to their keys.
    So if there is a car tire within 10 foot of the front door ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am not a brit. I give my keys to my neighbour and they have mine.

Although having said that i dont trust my neighbour since the time me and the other half decided it would be nice to have a quickie in her shower with our clothes on.....

We only went in to feed the cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I am not a brit. I give my keys to my neighbour and they have mine.

Although having said that i dont trust my neighbour since the time me and the other half decided it would be nice to have a quickie in her shower with our clothes on.....

We only went in to feed the cat

So you went and had it away in the neighbours house, and you're the one that doesn't trust them?

Go figure....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

with our clothes on.....

Now, that's sick :)

So much more I could say.

This thread is worthy of After Hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

jprboy wrote: »
    Now, that's sick :)

So much more I could say.

This thread is worthy of After Hours.

I was jokeing. I promise. You would have to know me and you would realise thats not my style. It just sounded funny to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

LOL made me laugh.

Makes you think about keys though. I'm pretty careful about them though. Some people I know seem to lose keys constantly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement