Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English essay help! Please help :D

• 12-03-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Right so my English teacher (in her infinite wisdom >;[ ) has decided that we should forego our weekends and instead write english essays... i cannot think of any points for this one tho it's from 2006 can anyone gimme some points?

''Let’s stop all this pretence! Let’s tell each other the unvarnished truth for a change!''

viel dank :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

You forgot the equally important second line ;)
    Write a personal essay in response to the above statement.

For personal essays, the key is that is personal. As in that it comes from you.

I usually write the personal essay because I think it's the easiest. I pick a time in my life when truth was important but lies were told. I then apply it to three things, maybe the back ground to the lie, the lie itself and the outcomes of that. I think I could do a better job but it's late and I'm wrecked :o. The main thing to do is to reflect constantly. What impact it had/has. But do it continuously, don't just stick a few lines on at the end of the paragraph.

Advertisement