Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Forum

Options
  • 12-03-2011 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping out with a battlefield 3 forum. Nothings major just a place where we can chat, plan games, share user names and so on.

This is my first forum so it would be nice to have a helping hand. Im looking to attract fans and create a little community of BF3 players.

The forum is only up now so as of yet there are no categories or sub forums, just bare bones. Im going to add more tomorrow after work. Basically im looking for people to help moderate the site with me and have a bit of fun. If youve used phpbb3 before then excellent, if you haven't well then you know as much as me :P

Hope people would be interested cheers!!

I also know that we can pretty much do all of this here on boards but its just a personal little project and would be dedicated solely to Battlefield 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

PC or Consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Mainly pc but can't neglect the consoles version

Of course you can neglect them!

I'll help you out if you want.

Help with neglecting them or help with the forum

Both.

• Advertisement

Ha ok so. Well ill add you as a mod......as soon as i know how :p

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Good idea to be honest.

Big fan of Battlefield on the PC.

I put maybe 1000 hours at least into BF2.

Thanks moonboy, i spent quite alot of time on BF2 myself. I see BF3 lasting a few years so i hope to get my foot in from the start and attract people to the forums.

www.battl3field.com

Still only starting but it should come along fast enough.

If people want to start registering and posting then fire away. But construction is still on going so have patience :)

Thanks Steve,

Just joined:).

Nice looking Forum.

Fair play, hopefully your the first of many, or at least a few!! If you want, send me a pm on the site for any suggestions for forums or sub categories.

• Advertisement

I am online a lot, so if you need help i can pitch in.

Help would be much obliged. Thanks moonboy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'm online quite a fair bit myself, so if you need an extra pair of hands, gimme a shout.

You'll have more mods than members by this time next week lol

More mods isnt a bad thing unless you all start trying to ban eachother when someone gets a bad beat online :P Im off work Monday so im going to sit down and work out the site structure and categories ect.

For now what do people think of the layout and colors?

What are some essential sections i will need?

Deffo a hardware or technical help section.

A 'General Discussion' section in the forum would also be good. And you can't have a forum without an 'Off Topic' section!

A screenshot / movies section. Maybe a section for each faction? US & MEC or whatever for discussing balancing, the weapons & vehicles etc.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of ideas for different sections on the forum.

Spot on!! General discussion is deffo needed. I like the idea of screenshots and movies, maybe that could be a sub section in a Game Recording forum. Pretty much like the one here on boards. Love the idea for a kinda Game Breakdown section which talks about guns, maps, vehicles, ect

It will evolve into loads of fora and sub fora.

If a forum gets some decent posting and members, it can take on a life of its own.

is there anyway to monetize a forum like this so maybe we could buy a server to play on?

steve_ wrote: »
    is there anyway to monetize a forum like this so maybe we could buy a server to play on?

You can always throw the idea out there, but you'd be best off trying to get a sort of clan going, and take it from there.

If its just a random forum type thing, you might have trouble getting the cash from people, and you don;t want to be left stuck with a bill.

But yeah, no harm throwing it out there. I always liked playing with clans in BF, as if I wasn;t a server admin myself, at least there'd nearly always be someone on that was to stop people acting the ar$e.

I meant through ad revenue. Like ad words or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Id be interested in helping out...pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

Good idea , just signed up. If ya need any help on a console section I'll be happy to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

+1

For the site to be PC FORMAT only, you could always add another site and call it BATTLEFIELD 3 LITE....LMAO

Dont think you need anymore "fingers" in the pie (Mods etc) so I will sign up to keep the ball rolling mate.....good luck with the site.

Lads thanks alot for the support. Tis really appreciated. I havent had a moment to even look at the site of the past few days. Im going to assign people as mods hopefully today. Still have to sort out what sections are to be put in place.

Havent even got a chance to find out how to assign admins and mods.

Reg'd there. Give adminage and I'll set things up how you want them. Have you a Teamspeak Server etc yet?

TheFairy wrote: »
    Reg'd there. Give adminage and I'll set things up how you want them. Have you a Teamspeak Server etc yet?

I usually have a private TS running from my own machine each night.

Peeps can use this if they wish. Saves having to purchase one for the time being.

Just search for 'DG2' in the list, usually up by 8ish each night.

Obviously, as its on my home machine, the IP changes each time I log on. But the name remains the same.

p/w is dublints3

I usually have a private TS running from my own machine each night.

Peeps can use this if they wish. Saves having to purchase one for the time being.

Just search for 'DG2' in the list, usually up by 8ish each night.

Obviously, as its on my home machine, the IP changes each time I log on. But the name remains the same.

p/w is dublints3

Dub set up a DYNDNS account, your router should support it. Then you can register a domain that will always point at your dynamic IP.

Also would lean to an SMF type forum, something that supports dynamic content, video. TinyPortal is easy enough to add on etc. This would allow news items, videos etc on the front page rather than just a form.

I dont mind swapping to simple machines, since its still new it wouldnt hurt to switch over providing an SMF is a better option. Which i wouldnt really know much about

• Advertisement

TheFairy wrote: »
    Dub set up a DYNDNS account, your router should support it. Then you can register a domain that will always point at your dynamic IP.

Ill have to check. My router is locket out by my ISP. So it would have to support it by default.

Advertisement