Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Plan for week Nov 7th

Monday | Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    3M|Turbo - 90min|3M|Turbo - 65min|rest|6M|cross

For the moment I am sticking to 3 runs a week to avoid injury but I have 2 turbo days & a cross-training day so that should be good enough for the aerobic endurance phase.

Mon Nov 7th

Run - Easy Run

I love running in this weather and it was another really nice run. Mental note tho, stop having coffee before runs and then I won't need the all out sprint finish at the end :rolleyes:

Plan: 3
    Actual: 3.01
    Time: 29:58
    Avg Pace: 09:50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Shaz...If I buy you a pint will you go back into Merrion Square and place the Marathon medal around CL again so I can get a photo this time ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Shaz...If I buy you a pint will you go back into Merrion Square and place the Marathon medal around CL again so I can get a photo this time ;)

A pint for an appearance fee :eek::eek:...it's not Kerry Katona you're talking to here. Next offer pls!

Tues Nov 8th

Missed out on my turbo session this eve for a good cause tho. In an effort to be more sensible in returning to running, I took myself off to a PT last night sans injury for a sport massage.
    First time to see Vinny Mulvey and found him really good. Found a few tight spots so a good pre-emptive strike.

Wed Nov 9th

Easy Run

Slowed down as much as possible this eve after the rub down last night. A few tender spots but a good run and was disappointed when it ended. Added in a couple of strides towards the end to loosen legs further.

Plan: 3
    Actual: 3.04
    Time: 30:55
    Avg Pace: 10:10

• Advertisement

OMG didn't realise Grey's Anatomy is back...one very happy Shaz over and out for the next 2 hours :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    OMG didn't realise Grey's Anatomy is back...one very happy Shaz over and out for the next 2 hours :D:D:D

I'm going to make you a very happy bunny then! Just PM'd you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Oh Gawd Shaz, I gave GA up after maybe season 5, couldn't stand it after that. I think I left it when Meredith got pregnant and the looney gun man was about...... :rolleyes:

jcsmum wrote: »
    Oh Gawd Shaz, I gave GA up after maybe season 5, couldn't stand it after that. I think I left it when Meredith got pregnant and the looney gun man was about...... :rolleyes:

I have to watch it at home :rolleyes:, I really don't like it but I suffer on.

I can see why, that is 2 hours of my life I will never get back. Still some good eye candy tho :D.
    Forgot about Frozen Planet tho, damm you Nules for telling me about that one; its pretty cool.

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I'm going to make you a very happy bunny then! Just PM'd you!

However having said that, courtesy of Mr Slow I now have my turbo sessions tv viewing sorted for a little while - then at least its not wasted time :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You seem to be recovering really well shaz, delighted for you!

Sun Nov 13th

Run - Long Run

Met up with the group in the park this morning for the long run. It's been an age since I was in the park so it was good to be back. Rainbow K, Nules and myself decided on a more leisurely pace and let the lads off. I forgot how to run and chat at the same time it's been that long :rolleyes:
    Really enjoyed the run and figured out it's my longest run in 6 months :eek:. I could feel it on the last mile as my breathing was all over the place - plenty to work on!

We also agreed 9am was way too early a start for winter so a time change is in order for next week!

Plan:6 miles
    Actual: 6.02 (some laps of the Garda HQ car park to make that up!)
    Time: 1:02:41
    Pace: 10:25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

[

We also agreed 9am was way too early a start for winter so a time change is in order for next week!

Fantastic :D. I was saying the same thing to the lads. I'd have loved an extra hour in bed this morning.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Fantastic :D. I was saying the same thing to the lads. I'd have loved an extra hour in bed this morning.

HTFU It's all part of the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Really enjoyed the run and figured out it's my longest run in 6 months :eek:

Fair play to ya. looking forward to joining the group next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Sun Nov 13th

Run - Long Run

Met up with the group in the park this morning for the long run. It's been an age since I was in the park so it was good to be back. Rainbow K, Nules and myself decided on a more leisurely pace and let the lads off. I forgot how to run and chat at the same time it's been that long :rolleyes:
    Really enjoyed the run and figured out it's my longest run in 6 months :eek:. I could feel it on the last mile as my breathing was all over the place - plenty to work on!

Well done Shaz no stopping you now... Thank god we were all in agreement over the time. I think my face said it all when you picked me up this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Sun Nov 13th

Run - Long Run

Yeah right!! :rolleyes:;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

It is so good to see you back in the pack Shaz. It's been too long. Nice and easy now though. We don’t want to lose you again. Just ordered a copy of Running through the wall… if it makes me cry, I'll be after you!

Yeah right!! :rolleyes:;):D

There was a whole 5 mins or so when I couldn't talk - ask Nules and RK :o

I know it's a rare occurence :D

claralara wrote: »
    It is so good to see you back in the pack Shaz. It's been too long. Nice and easy now though. We don’t want to lose you again. Just ordered a copy of Running through the wall… if it makes me cry, I'll be after you!

Well you'll have no probs catching me :o. Seriously, great read and if you don't like it then you're doomed for Conn :p...only kidding, hope you enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Mon Nov 14th

Cycle - Turbo Session

I'd started another Taxc endurance session but realised that it really was too easy for me. Don't have a HR monitor but heart beat was fairly low. So I abandoned the session after 20 mins and decided to make my own interval & hill session up. My legs are still like jelly now - loved it though as it felt like a proper workout. Time to start on El Directors workouts I think :)

Time: 60 Mins
    Distance: 25.63
    Avg pace: 25.63

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

There was a whole 5 mins or so when I couldn't talk - ask Nules and RK :o

I know it's a rare occurence :D

It's true k she did stop talking for a whole 5mins. But by jaysus she never shut up for the other 55 any wonder her breathing was all over the place :D

Nules10 wrote: »
    It's true k she did stop talking for a whole 5mins. But by jaysus she never shut up for the other 55 any wonder her breathing was all over the place :D

:eek: shocked at that accusation - I think you are mistaking me for yourself or RK :p

Tues Nov 15th

Run - Easy Run

Not the nicest of runs I must admit, I was just a bit sluggish. Nearly froze waiting for the bloody garmin signal, it's been bloody crap lately.

Plan: 4 miles
    Actual: 4.12 miles
    Time: 41:18
    Pace: 10.01

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Nearly froze waiting for the bloody garmin signal, it's been bloody crap lately.

A little tip Shazkea, while i'm putting my running gear on i stick the Garmin out on the window sill and when i'm ready to go so is the Garmin!!!;)

Younganne wrote: »
    A little tip Shazkea, while i'm putting my running gear on i stick the Garmin out on the window sill and when i'm ready to go so is the Garmin!!!;)

Yeah I started doing that when I'm home. Alot of the time I'm going straight out from work tho so I'm honestly flying out of the office so quick to avoid anyone seeing me in my lycra :o:o - only female in company! So I round a corner and wait for garmin to kick in! Cheers for the tip tho, I'll have to figure something else out.

Love kettlebells too. I did a few classes in Malahide (near work) but they were on too late so it was almost 10 by the time I got home. So have mostly done them at home but have been slacking lately :rolleyes:. Nules pointed me in direction of where she is doing Yoga so going to try that class on Friday - much better time for. Do you find it helps with your running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I change in the ladies toliets in work(only 1 shower so lots of tryign to get out first & them back first) and stick it out the toilet window....:D

i started the kettlebells in the summer and find that i no longer slouch/sit down into myself when i'm tired, i pull in the core, lift the head and stay upright. I have knocked 6 mins of last yrs 10m, 6mins off 13.1m and 15min of last yrs marathon and im fully convinced the KB have helped... plus i'm toning up a bit...i do my class from 7.15 till 8.30 and its female only, with mixed class after. Its also on Mondays and Sat so i have no excuse for missing it. its also pay as you go too with every 7th class free. Hedaing back this week after marathon recovery!!! Colm Brady Fitness...two super fit brothers!!

Younganne wrote: »
    I change in the ladies toliets in work(only 1 shower so lots of tryign to get out first & them back first) and stick it out the toilet window....:D

If my garmin falls out the window or worse into the toilet, you know I'll be coming after you :D:D

Wed Nov 16th

Rest day and sports battering massage by Vinny :D

Thur Nov 17th

Run - Hill (incline!) Repeats

Time to kick on a bit with the training and as this is week 5 of my return to running, I thought it would be good to start re-introducing hill repeats. Hill (or incline really) is about 150m long and not too steep so a good one to start on again. Lovely head wind for added resistance :rolleyes:
    1 mile w/u, ~1 mile (7 x hill repeats/recovery @ 5km pace (~8:30)), 1 mile c/d

Hills Repeats; 8:32, 8:13, 8:07, 8:00, 8:08, 8:16; 7:46

A few sessions on this and then move onto a steeper one - all in good time!

Plan: 3 Miles
    Actual: 3.09
    Time: 32:30
    Avg Pace: 10:32

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Wed Nov 16th

Rest day and sports battering massage by Vinny :D

Thur Nov 17th

Run - Hill (incline!) Repeats

Time to kick on a bit with the training and as this is week 5 of my return to running, I thought it would be good to start re-introducing hill repeats. Hill (or incline really) is about 150m long and not too steep so a good one to start on again. Lovely head wind for added resistance :rolleyes:
    1 mile w/u, ~1 mile (7 x hill repeats/recovery @ 5km pace (~8:30)), 1 mile c/d

Hills Repeats; 8:32, 8:13, 8:07, 8:00, 8:08, 8:16; 7:46

A few sessions on this and then move onto a steeper one - all in good time!

Plan: 3 Miles
    Actual: 3.09
    Time: 32:30
    Avg Pace: 10:32

Did you do it local?

Advertisement