Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Your 10k target is faster than 2 x your 5k target
    A sure sign that your 5k target should be 24.59 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Are you suffering your way through a marathon of Grey's Anatomy?

Are you implying that I was hungover yesterday after the xmas beers :eek:. I did a X-Factor marathon instead...honestly brutal crap but I still watched it!
    Bally8 wrote: »
    How are you finding the turbo shaz? Are you getting the bike out on the road at all?

:o:o:o No been shocking bad about getting the bike out. I keep saying I'll at least get the MTB out. You're making me feel guilty now which is probably a good thing!

RayCun wrote: »
    Your 10k target is faster than 2 x your 5k target
    A sure sign that your 5k target should be 24.59 :)

:D, jeez I'd thought I'd get away with that one. I know but I'm brutal at 5kms - I'll start with the one I have as it more realistic and then revise it down when I hit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

ohhh pretty table :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Shaz great table.. we'll all have to copy that..... right i'll just have to start my first log on 01/01/12.

Is 5m & 8km not the same distance??? You have some great goals there Good luck with them...here's to an injury free year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Younganne wrote: »
    Is 5m & 8km not the same distance???
    Not quite, there's about 45m in the difference.

Younganne wrote: »
    Shaz great table.. we'll all have to copy that..... right i'll just have to start my first log on 01/01/12.

Is 5m & 8km not the same distance??? You have some great goals there Good luck with them...here's to an injury free year!!!

Looking forward to your log anne.... nothing to stop you starting it now you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    Are you implying that I was hungover yesterday after the xmas beers :eek:.

Paranoid much? I was only askin! :(

Are you implying that I was hungover yesterday after the xmas beers :eek:.
    Paranoid much? I was only askin! :(

Eh you were :p

Nules10 wrote: »
    Eh you were :p

I was not! I sent her a link with loads of episodes and was merely following up! :cool:

As we're on the subject.....was she sh1tfaced?

• Advertisement

I was not! I sent her a link with loads of episodes and was merely following up! :cool:

As we're on the subject.....was she sh1tfaced?
    :D I meant she was hungover not that you were nosey (although!!! maybe you were ;))
    She made a show of herself :D;) Ahh no she was a perfect lady... :rolleyes:

She made a show of herself :D

Nothing new to report then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

She made a show of herself :D

Nothing new to report then? :pac:

Don't believe a word from the two of them..the antics in the pub were shocking.
    Hee hee....

jcsmum wrote: »
    Don't believe a word from the two of them..the antics in the pub were shocking.
    Hee hee....

Anyone get a video this time?

Oi, the lot of you..

gtfo-haruhi.jpg

Honestly you go out for a run and this is the abuse you have to come back to. If you're looking for stories, look at the last 2 men standing...I'm saying no more ;)

Looking forward to your log anne.... nothing to stop you starting it now you know :)

+1 :D

Oi, the lot of you..

Honestly you go out for a run and this is the abuse you have to come back to. If you're looking for stories, look at the last 2 men standing...I'm saying no more ;)

I was only askin bout Grey's Anatomy, everyone else was suggesting you were tearing the place apart.:)

Mon Dec 12th

Decided on hill repeats this evening. I did ask a running partner to join me but was told only if she could drive the hill intervals and shout abuse at me :rolleyes:...wonder who that was!!

Session structure:

1.25-ish w/u
    6 x 0.27 mile hill repeats with recovery jog down
    0.5 ish c/d

Knackered after it as uphill was into a bloody headwind. Good session tho

Total: 5.04 miles
    Time: 53:26
    Avg Pace: 10.35

Oi, the lot of you..

gtfo-haruhi.jpg

Shaz you do realise that top you are wearing in that pic is like totally see through :eek::D

Mon Dec 12th

Decided on hill repeats this evening. I did ask a running partner to join me but was told only if she could drive the hill intervals and shout abuse at me :rolleyes:...wonder who that was!!

Session structure:

1.25-ish w/u
    6 x 0.27 mile hill repeats with recovery jog down
    0.5 ish c/d

Knackered after it as uphill was into a bloody headwind. Good session tho

Total: 5.04 miles
    Time: 53:26
    Avg Pace: 10.35
    Aww well done great session. What a night to be out :eek:. so sorry i could not join you but i am on a rest day and i got a better offer of dinner in stoops and a glass of wine. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Shaz you do realise that top you are wearing in that pic is like totally see through :eek::D

Isn't that the same one she was wearing Saturday night??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Limerick half marathon, May bank holiday weekend. I hear someone awesome is pacing 2 hours there and won't let you away with anything slower than 1:59:30

jcsmum wrote: »
    Isn't that the same one she was wearing Saturday night??

She has a couple of them in different colours :D

State of my bleeding log after ye. I'd be insulted if it wasn't so funny :D:D

Limerick half marathon, May bank holiday weekend. I hear someone awesome is pacing 2 hours there and won't let you away with anything slower than 1:59:30

Oooh I wonder what pacer you are referrring to there :confused:;). I hear some interesting tactics are employed to get people running quicker...

I hear some interesting tactics are employed to get people running quicker...

She beats me! :(

Thur Dec 15th

Out the door I went, started the Garmin, 1 step and wham I nearly landed on my ass. Bloody ice rink around here so a few different moves were thrown around the paths. Very impressive :rolleyes:. So it was a slow run and cut it short coz I was frigging freezing. I'll try to get out tomorrow to make up the distance. Finding it hard at the mo to find time for running. Morning not an option coz I'm lazy and will not get up.

Plan: 5
    Actual: 3.03
    Time: 30:51
    Avg Pace: 10:11

Fri Dec 16th

Since I cut short the run yesterday, I had to make it up today. I've tended to stick to running every second day whilst the legs get used to running again so this was the first time since September running back-to-back days. Nice run and a lovely arctic wind!

Plan: 3
    Actual: 3
    Time: 28:08
    Avg Pace: 09:21

Out the door I went, started the Garmin, 1 step and wham I nearly landed on my ass.

Nearly just doesn't cut it Shaz! :cool:

• Advertisement

Nearly just doesn't cut it Shaz! :cool:

:D ah but it was a great recovery move

Advertisement