Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sun Dec 18th

Out nice and early in the park for a run this morning and such a lovely morning it was too. The paths looked worse than they actually were so we all stayed on the feet. Great to have the company as it really makes the time fly.

Thanks K for brekkie after :D

Plan: whatever we wanted!
    Actual: 8.02
    Time: 1:20:41
    Avg Pace: 10.04

Tues Dec 20th

It's a while since I've had such a disastrous run. Set off for my run feeling good despite the rain - I like running in the rain :). It was an out and back loop and disaster (slightly OTT description) struck as I was coming towards the half way point. Stomach problems hit with a major bang. I had suffered a bit on Sunday with this too. My own fault really; over-indulgence in chocolate is never good for someone who is lactose intolerant. Usually have it in check but too many christmas treats and hangover indulgences has meant I've been shocking bad and exercise really aggrevates it :(

4 stops to puke my guts out and then I was grand again for last half mile (nothing left in system at this stage!!). Still made my planned target though so I suppose what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...These types of runs really make you appreciate the nice ones!

Plan: 5 miles
    Actual: 5.11
    Time: 50:10
    Avg Pace: 09:49

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

SHowing off about how tough you are????

jcsmum wrote: »
    SHowing off about how tough you are????

:confused: nothing tough about that run - just stupidity to let it get that bad.

...or maybe it was food poisoning from Delia's cooking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Hardcore stuff, poisoning yourself before a run! You masochist!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

oohh that does not sound nice...Hope you are feeling better and it calms down.....i had 2 (only 2) Lindt Lindor chocolates yesterday at morning coffee and they stayed in my stomach throughtout my run yesterday mocking me!!!! i'll have to remember that for the rest of this season...at the moment they are sitting on my desk calling me, with a box of Roses winking at me too:eek:

shazkea wrote: »

...or maybe it was food poisoning from Delia's cooking :P

That's harsh shaz, harsh.....sob.

Younganne wrote: »
    oohh that does not sound nice...Hope you are feeling better and it calms down.....i had 2 (only 2) Lindt Lindor chocolates yesterday at morning coffee and they stayed in my stomach throughtout my run yesterday mocking me!!!! i'll have to remember that for the rest of this season...at the moment they are sitting on my desk calling me, with a box of Roses winking at me too:eek:

Cheers Anne, those bloody roses and coffee have alot to answer for. I'll start being good on Jan 1st :D.
    Very restrained on you to be ignoring the winky roses now!
    That's harsh shaz, harsh.....sob.

Ah I'll be killed for putting a stop to our after run brekkie supply chain ;). You know I'm kidding, twas delicious Nigella :D.

What's on the menu after the next run or is it Nules turn to bring something???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You could call over here and give me an excuse to make some tasty goodies :)

You could call over here and give me an excuse to make some tasty goodies :)

:D Good on you RK, sounds like we have our next volunteer for the after run goodies. Hard act to follow with that lemon drizzle but I'm sure it will be no probs to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Very restrained on you to be ignoring the winky roses now!

Der'll be no restraint after lunchtime.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Oh no Shaz, thats terrible, you poor thing. I hope this doesnt put you off running for good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

zero tabs anyone :D

When's the next group run or is it a man free zone?

Mr Slow wrote: »
    When's the next group run or is it a man free zone?

How are your baking skills??

Nules10 wrote: »
    How are your baking skills??

I've done Rice Krispie buns with the kids?

:D better than mine. You're hired :D

:D better than mine. You're hired :D

Great I hope to start making my comeback in a few weeks, keep a spot for me!

Also, you must like to talk about flowers, shoes and puppies.

Do I have to wear a dress?:eek:

• Advertisement

Do I have to wear a dress?:eek:

Now that would be just silly, everyone knows that you can't wear dresses with runners.

zero tabs anyone :D

Seriously Nules zero tabs is the best you can do...if Mr Slow can arrive with Rice Krispie cakes, you need to raise your game :D

Now I'm a "don't bake, won't bake" kinda gal so when it's my turn, expect High 5 gels (or shop bought goodies) :)

Ladies and gents this morning is a significant moment. As it's my last day in work for the year (love saying that). I've decided it's also my last morning I'll have a Starbucks Grande Coffee and dirty big scone.

I've decided to forego my run this evening as system still very dodgy so can have coffee, scone and chocolate today but then that's it...

It'll be chocolate and coffee cold turkey and all for the sake of running :rolleyes:

Starbucks it's time bid adieu; you and I had a great run together (excusing the pun) but time to part...sob, sob. I'm off to drain my coffee cup now!

Ladies and gents this morning is a significant moment. As it's my last day in work for the year (love saying that). I've decided it's also my last morning I'll have a Starbucks Grande Coffee and dirty big scone.

I've decided to forego my run this evening as system still very dodgy so can have coffee, scone and chocolate today but then that's it...

It'll be chocolate and coffee cold turkey and all for the sake of running :rolleyes:

Starbucks it's time bid adieu; you and I had a great run together (excusing the pun) but time to part...sob, sob. I'm off to drain my coffee cup now!

I've recently started drinking coffee again just to help with the fatigue but I hadn't had any in over a year and had twice the get up and go in the morning that I had when depending on it! ;)

I've recently started drinking coffee again just to help with the fatigue but I hadn't had any in over a year and had twice the get up and go in the morning that I had when depending on it! ;)

I'm not a morning person so will never be bright n bubbly in the morn...coffee or no coffee but I hear what you're saying :D

Jeez shaz, that's very drastic.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You'll pry my coffee from my cold dead hands :pac:

Jeez shaz, that's very drastic.....

:D...I know, it won't be easy and I'll be a crabby b**ch for the first few weeks! But it has to be done; you saw the state of me on Sun. I don't really have a choice in the matter if I want to enjoy my running :rolleyes:

You'll pry my coffee from my cold dead hands :pac:

...didn't say I was giving up the Coke Zero :p

• Advertisement

I'll be a crabby b**ch

:confused:

Advertisement