Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Funny guy!!

BTW I saw the last episode last night...you could have told me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    Funny guy!!

BTW I saw the last episode last night...you could have told me :(

I warned you! Next episode is the end of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Shaz where are youuuuuuuuuuu ;)

Nules10 wrote: »

She's watching reruns of Grey's Anatomy buried under a pile of tissues and snot bubbles, oh and chocolate!

Recovering from the many hangovers, one of which was your fault :D
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    She's watching reruns of Grey's Anatomy buried under a pile of tissues and snot bubbles, oh and chocolate!

:D:D - just about recovered from that episode, although there is a repeat tonight of the last episode if I get bored

• Advertisement

Eh shocking bad Christmas running wise but twas good fun :rolleyes:. Time to return to normality again.

Sun Jan 1st

Short brick session today to ease myself gently back into exercise!

Bike

20km in 41:43. Avg speed 28.79

Run:

Plan: none
    Actual: 3.2 miles
    Time: 32:26
    Avg Pace: 10:08

Happy 2012 to everyone...

Ah ha there you are. Funny that I was blaming you for my delicate state yesterday :D nice session cycle and run

Tue Jan 3rd

Easy Run

Woo wee that wind and rain has just kicked my boozy christmas butt. This was supposed to be an easy 5 miles but it was far from it in that hooring wind. Thought I was going backwards at times! Anyway tis done and time for a cup of green tea :D

Plan: 5 Miles
    Actual: 5.03 miles
    Time: 50:12
    Avg Pace: 09:58

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

fair play to you Shaz...thats some wind out there tonight!!!!

Green tea :eek: you have changed :mad:

• Advertisement

Green tea :eek: you have changed :mad:

Just you wait, it'll be non alcoholic mojitos next! :D

:D not a chance. Hell will freeze over quicker ;)

Hello?! the coffee monster is drinking green tea!!! She already pm'd me to say she's given up her subscription to the Chippendales fan club!

Hello?! the coffee monster is drinking green tea!!! She already pm'd me to say she's given up her subscription to the Chippendales fan club!

Oh no she is serious so :eek:

Now that's just daft, there's a limit to what I will give up for running and alcoholic mojitos are def not on that list :D

You know me too well :rolleyes:

I replaced the Chippendales subscription with the Prof Male Swimming Appreciation Society...much better and it is Olympic year after all :p

Wed Jan 4th

Cycle

Went to the gym for this and did a tough interval session on the stationary bike. Legs like jelly afterwards.

20km

Run

Needed to get a short run in for Jantastic to bring my weekly totals up to 4 runs. So hopped on the treadmill after bike with the intention of doing the minimum one mile. Some skinny poser with the full make-up and matching gym outfit hopped on at the same time beside me so ended up doing 2 to make sure I outlasted her...:rolleyes:

2 Miles - 20 mins

Strength and stretching stuff after

Some skinny poser with the full make-up and matching gym outfit hopped on at the same time beside me so ended up doing 2 to make sure I outlasted her...:rolleyes:

Motivation comes in many forms, well done!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Some skinny poser with the full make-up and matching gym outfit hopped on at the same time beside me so ended up doing 2 to make sure I outlasted her...:rolleyes:

Motivation comes in many forms, well done!;)

You showed her shaz!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Love this!! :D

Sat Jan 7th

Hill Repeats

Off to the park with Nules this morning for a hills session. Some amount of people out running in the park this morn which was great to see.

Anyway after a 1+ mile warm-up, it was time to hit the hills. Session was as follows 3 x 300m and 5 x 200m with a recovery jog down in between. Good session although the 200's were probably too easy so need to up the number of 300's next week.
    Cooldown run back up the Kyber to the car to wrap the session up and round up the mileage.

Distance: 4.5 miles
    Time: 43:07
    Avg Pace: 09:34

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Good running there Shaz. We headed down the Kyber shortly after 10 and back up around 12. Some crowd around the car park alright.

great running from you today shaz. you looked as if you were enjoying it :)

great running from you today shaz. you looked as if you were enjoying it :)

I was :eek::eek:

Sun Jan 8th

Long Run

Met up with the gang in the park this morn. First few miles I felt great and was really enjoying it and then at about mile 5 going back up chesterfield, it was like a switch flicked and I was really struggling. Legs felt tired probably after yesterdays session and just couldn't get into a rhythm. Everyone seemed to be struggling at this point but we continued on to finish out the planned mileage. Of course we had to watch jcsmum doing her laps of the car park - fair play to you on that mileage :)
    Toughest run I've had in a while I will admit but good to get used to running on tired legs.

Plan: 8.5
    Actual: 8.53
    Time: 1:25:39
    Avg Pace: 10:02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Sun Jan 8th

Long Run

Met up with the gang in the park this morn. First few miles I felt great and was really enjoying it and then at about mile 5 going back up chesterfield, it was like a switch flicked and I was really struggling. Legs felt tired probably after yesterdays session and just couldn't get into a rhythm. Everyone seemed to be struggling at this point but we continued on to finish out the planned mileage. Of course we had to watch jcsmum doing her laps of the car park - fair play to you on that mileage :)
    Toughest run I've had in a while I will admit but good to get used to running on tired legs.

I hate that part of the park. Have a look at the profile though and you might be surprised how uphill it is compared to how it looks.

Any races planned yet?

Sun Jan 8th

Long Run

Jeepers no one seemed to be struggling from were i was.... but its hard to tell from half a mile behind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Great training recently Shaz, delighted to see it going well for you again. Any race plans? Running or cycling?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Sun Jan 8th

Long Run

Hey Shaz, great running today. Was only thinking that the last time I ran with you was way back in around July. Too long! You were flying along from the word go. Bring on next wkd :)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I hate that part of the park. Have a look at the profile though and you might be surprised how uphill it is compared to how it looks.

Any races planned yet?

:eek: I went and had a look there P, you're right and I didn't realise it dragged like that. No excuse though really for the bad form there :rolleyes:
    claralara wrote: »
    Great training recently Shaz, delighted to see it going well for you again. Any race plans? Running or cycling?

Cheers

Not sure on the cycling yet, will look out for a few of the smaller distance sportifs to dip my toe into the cycling events or maybe a duathlon.

As for running, Raheny prob the next one up but haven't done a race in ages so that'll be more about getting back into that frame of mind. Then a half in May which is tbd but probably Limerick as I heard the pacers are good :D
    Hey Shaz, great running today. Was only thinking that the last time I ran with you was way back in around July. Too long! You were flying along from the word go. Bring on next wkd :)

Aye I know it's been an age since I was out running with you, hopefully plenty to come in 2012. Good to see you on the logs.

• Advertisement

Then a half in May which is tbd but probably Limerick as I heard the pacers are good :D

Flattery will get you everywhere! ;)

Advertisement