Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Ya lucky duck. It's brass monkeys here today. Bring us back some heat will ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Serial Killer or Special Agent? :)

:D I prefer International Woman of Mystery!!
    Ya lucky duck. It's brass monkeys here today. Bring us back some heat will ya!

Unfortunately it was Europe this week so no escaping the cold...and back in Dub now to this lovely weather. Sunshine is from Monday onwards...

Must have a chat to you about the eye zap - trying to pluck up the courage to get mine done but the thoughts of it :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

shazkea wrote: »
    Must have a chat to you about the eye zap - trying to pluck up the courage to get mine done but the thoughts of it :eek::eek:

Do it! It has been an amazing experience for me - no more contacts, no more glasses and better than 20/20 vision in both eyes... Although I was reaching for the glasses the first few mornings that I woke up after the surgery and wondering where I had left them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

xebec wrote: »
    Do it! It has been an amazing experience for me - no more contacts, no more glasses and better than 20/20 vision in both eyes... Although I was reaching for the glasses the first few mornings that I woke up after the surgery and wondering where I had left them :rolleyes:

+1

It's totally brilliant. I cant even remember what life was before I had it done, all I know it that it was the best money I've spent in years!

Bally8 wrote: »
    xebec wrote: »

+1

It's totally brilliant. I cant even remember what life was before I had it done, all I know it that it was the best money I've spent in years!

+ 1 again. Nightime is a whole new experience and I can see clearer than ever before. A few side effects still but they'll be gone by next week :)

• Advertisement

Oh I know it would be great to get rid of the contacts. Both my Dad and bro had it done and took great delight in telling me how you can smell the burning :eek:...bottle of wine and valium would be required before I could go through with it!

Yeah I only found out about the Valium thing the day before and it was too late then to get my hands on one/ten then. I'd definitely take a Valium if I got it done again :)

Supposed to be flying out today but no sign of tickets so I took that as a sign to sign up for Raheny last night. Good day out in Raheny despite the rain.

Nice 5 mile PB in the bag and beat my target so happy with that. Time to dig into goody bag now :D

Edit: Time: 41:10

Edit 2: Chip says 41:18 but Garmin says 41:10...confused as I thought I had it started/stopped it exactly on mats. Ah well not going to quibble over 8 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Great time, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

well done shaz, you were on fire today there was no stopping you brill run ;)

• Advertisement

Well done Shaz. I'm well impressed. Miserable day for it too! There's no stopping you now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Oh you dark horse, that's one way to avoid the pressure for sure. Well done on the PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Just saw your time on Rachel's log. SUPER!!

jcsmum wrote: »
    Oh you dark horse, that's one way to avoid the pressure for sure. Well done on the PB.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

congrats on new PB, great time...and the weather so bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done Shaz, great time - we boardsie wimmin did okay today didn't we?:D
    (and I suppose the blokes were ok as well...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Supposed to be flying out today but no sign of tickets so I took that as a sign to sign up for Raheny last night. Good day out in Raheny despite the rain.

Nice 5 mile PB in the bag and beat my target so happy with that. Time to dig into goody bag now :D

Edit: Time: 41:10

Told ya :p

menoscemo wrote: »
    Told ya :p

You're not the only person to say that today..is he Mr Slow :rolleyes:

You'll always better you training performance in races. A month ago i ran 4 x 1 mile at my race pace from today and was puking at the end of the 4th one despite taking a 2 minute rest betwen miles. ( I had intended doing 5 x 1 miles but gave up after 4:o). Today in the race the pace seemed easy enough despite doing 5 consecutive miles with no breaks :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Well done Shaz. Another one with a PB from Raheny, the rain made ye all run faster :)

• Advertisement

DigiJem wrote: »
    Well done Shaz. Another one with a PB from Raheny, the rain made ye all run faster :)

Thanks DJ, although to be fair anything better than 50:58 would have been a PB today so I was sorted :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done shaz. Great running. Is this your last race before heading over to triathlons? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Congrats on the pb shaz, great work :)

;)

Ah brilliant, I just got my ticket now for the flight I was supposed to be on yesterday...that was helpful :mad::mad:
    pistol_75 wrote: »
    Well done shaz. Great running. Is this your last race before heading over to triathlons? :rolleyes:

I'm as blind as a bat without contacts so I can't do triathlons till I get my eyes zapped. I can't get my eyes zapped until I take a serious dose of HTFU which is not going to happen soon :o. So in short you're stuck with me in running for the near future!

Time for an update of the 2012 hitlist...

Knocking off the 5 mile - target 42:40 and actual is 41:18.

Unoffically got the 5km one also yesterday (25:20) but will wait for a 5km race to hopefully recreate that!

Distance | 2012 Target Time | Previous PB | Current PB
    5km| 25:45 |27:58 (Mar 2011)|26:58 (Sept 2011)
    8km|42:26| none| none
    5 Miles| 42:40| 50:58 (Jan 2010) | 41:18 (Jan 2012)
    10km|51:00 |55:32 (June 2010) |53:04 (April 2011)
    10 Miles|1:29:36|none |none
    Half Marathon| 1:59:00 |2:07:59 (Jan 2011)|2:02:xx (May 2011)

Nice start to 2012 :D

Unoffically got the 5km one also yesterday (25:20) but will wait for a 5km race to hopefully recreate that!

The LeCheile 5k in April is a quick one and really well organised! :)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    The LeCheile 5k in April is a quick one and really well organised! :)

Cheers Mr PA/Race Pusher but I have my eye on an another one ;)

Are you gonna do the MSB one on Paddy's weekend? There could be good scope for a Boards beers after that one :D

• Advertisement

You try an be nice, inviting people on a Boardsie p!ss up and you get called a pusher?! Nice! :cool:

Advertisement