Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done Shaz! Brilliant PB! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

menoscemo wrote: »
    Are you gonna do the MSB one on Paddy's weekend? There could be good scope for a Boards beers after that one :D

Not the one I'm thinking of but I am always on for beers tho :)
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    You try an be nice, inviting people on a Boardsie p!ss up and you get called a pusher?! Nice! :cool:

Haven't you conned me into doing Limerick...isn't that enough :p

Mon Jan 30th

Recovery Run

Thought this would be a horror after yesterday but wasn't too bad. Legs no worse or no better so I'd call that a result. Flipping freezing so it turned out not to be a recovery run exactly...twas slower than yesterday tho if that counts!

3 Miles @ 09:48

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    Haven't you conned me into doing Limerick...isn't that enough :p

Conned???:mad:

I'm all sad now! :(

Conned???:mad:

I'm all sad now! :(

Im so deeply sorry if i offended you in any way Mr Slow, I just dont know what came over me. Must be that mentioning Limerick brings out the worst in me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Shaz, it isn't the first time he's been called a pusher this week...maybe being from Limerick, it's a sore point!

Must be that mentioning Limerick brings out the worst in me!!

Yes, it's known to stir the passions in de young wans alright! :P
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Shaz, it isn't the first time he's been called a pusher this week...maybe being from Limerick, it's a sore point!

I believe there's more 'grabbin' done per head of population down Killarney way than Limerick boss! ;)

Rich out of you RK with your 'thanks' :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm right though, nothing good could possibly come from your neck of the woods :pac::p

I believe there's more 'grabbin' done per head of poulation down Killarney way than Limerick boss! ;)

:D
    I'm right though, nothing good could possibly come from your neck of the woods :pac::p

Oi jackeen less of your chit chat about that neck of the woods....great rugby players come out of that region...mostly on the clare border though!

Says she from Dublin's answer to Beirut!

• Advertisement

Says she from Dublin's answer to Beirut!

Well since digger moved away things are looking up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Oi jackeen less of your chit chat about that neck of the woods....great rugby players come out of that region...mostly on the clare border though!

Which side of the Clare border? don't even try and claim that one :D You've me to deal with too you know not just Mr. Slow ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well since digger moved away things are looking up!!

Yes, he's bringing down the tone elsewhere now! :D

Which side of the Clare border? don't even try and claim that one :D You've me to deal with too you know not just Mr. Slow ;)

Whatever :rolleyes:

Thur Feb 2nd

3 horrible miles at the crack of dawn this morning...I'm not a morning person but have no choice at mo as I can't go running in the dark here. Also not enough water on me which is stupid when it was 28 odd degrees out. Sweat was pouring off me - give me running in the cold any day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good on you for getting out. Brass monkeys over here and i never heated up on my run.

give me running in the cold any day of the week!

You wouldn't say that if you were out there tonight! :eek:

You wouldn't say that if you were out there tonight! :eek:

Oh I would, too warm here!

Headed over to the park nearby for a run but I knew it wasn't going to happen. It was too warm and I had one too many mojito's last night :rolleyes:. Decided to get a bike instead and at least do something constructive. About 40km before I had to give in to the heat...and also there was a volleyball game going on so I decided to stop and enjoy those bloke's bodies skills :D

Coming back to the hotel the temperature signs were showing 39 degrees :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Headed over to the park nearby for a run but I knew it wasn't going to happen. It was too warm and I had one too many mojito's last night :rolleyes:. Decided to get a bike instead and at least do something constructive. About 40km before I had to give in to the heat...and also there was a volleyball game going on so I decided to stop and enjoy those bloke's bodies skills :D

Coming back to the hotel the temperature signs were showing 39 degrees :eek::eek:

i'm feeling depressed reading this. Can you block people on boards?

• Advertisement

About 40km before I had to give in to the heat...and also there was a volleyball game going on so I decided to stop and enjoy those bloke's bodies :D

Local temperatures however were closer to 25 degrees! ;)

Put her on your ignore list! :)

39 degrees :eek: I tell ya you will be great at hot yoga when you get back. The brazilians have pretty good sporting skills I would imagine ;)

Put her on your ignore list! :)

Charming...
    Nules10 wrote: »
    The brazilians have pretty good sporting skills I would imagine ;)

Damm hot weather makes all the blokes go shirtless when they're running...certainly distracted me on my run this morning ;)

Sun Feb 5th

Long Run

Out as early as possible to get this run in before it got too hot. Off over to what I'm now calling lycra park. Honestly never seen as many people out running or cycling around a park, it was jammed. Just meant plenty of eye candy and distractions for me :D.
    Tough run and had to stop at 4 miles for a big bottle of water which was gone in a flash before continuing on. Job done though in a nice balmy 30 degrees!

Distance: 9 miles
    Time: 1:32:31
    Pace: 10:17 (TBH I'm well impressed with that in this heat)

You can expect a jump in fitness when you get back, I did my marathon training in the heat on holidays and was flying when I got back.

Stop ogling those poor youngfellas, eyeing them up like pieces of meat is not allowed, unless of course you act on it! ;)

Nice LSR shaz and in that heat too. well done.

Nules10 wrote: »
    Nice LSR shaz and in that heat too. well done.

Shirtless blokes, soaring temperatures and you're looking for sympathy!!
    Although well done on the Lsr, it will stand to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sounds like the scenic routes there are a nice distraction! Enjoy :D

Stop ogling those poor youngfellas, eyeing them up like pieces of meat is not allowed, unless of course you act on it! ;)

I thought running was supposed to be about appreciating your surrounding environment etc. Not my fault that the environment is full of well sculpted specimens of mankind :D.
    It's work trip and not a pleaure trip so have to be somewhat professional :(

• Advertisement

Mon Feb 6th

These early morn runs are not getting any easier - dunno how any of you run so early in the morn, it's awful. On the plus side, it was only 26 degrees. Another yucky run!
    I can't wait to run in the cold and dark evenings :o

4 miles @ 09:36 pace

Advertisement