Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    Mon Feb 6th

These early morn runs are not getting any easier - dunno how any of you run so early in the morn, it's awful. On the plus side, it was only 26 degrees. Another yucky run!
    I can't wait to run in the cold and dark evenings :o

4 miles @ 09:36 pace

When are you back boss?

I thought running was supposed to be about appreciating your surrounding environment etc.

Absolutely, but lets be honest, you're logging is like describing the Lynx Effect but for girls, and this:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Mon Feb 6th

These early morn runs are not getting any easier - dunno how any of you run so early in the morn, it's awful. On the plus side, it was only 26 degrees. Another yucky run!
    I can't wait to run in the cold and dark evenings :o

4 miles @ 09:36 pace

Nice going there. God right now I would be happy with that pace :rolleyes: you will have no problem getting up on Sunday morning so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I want your job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Nice going there. God right now I would be happy with that pace :rolleyes: you will have no problem getting up on Sunday morning so :D

Technically 11:59 is still Sunday morning...just saying ;)
    Bally8 wrote: »
    I want your job!

No you don't!!

• Advertisement

Sat Feb 11th

Recovery:
    3 miles @ 10:14

Just got back today so this was a recovery run to get the legs moving again. 12 hours crammed in cattle class does not make for a nice run. Plain knackered so I can't say I enjoyed it too much and it was flipping freezing out too...even if it was 7 degrees! Hopefully some decent sleep tonight will see me good for some sort of long run tomorrow.

Welcome home, the change in temp must be a shock to the system alright:)

Sat Feb 11th

Recovery:
    3 miles @ 10:14

Just got back today so this was a recovery run to get the legs moving again. 12 hours crammed in cattle class does not make for a nice run. Plain knackered so I can't say I enjoyed it too much and it was flipping freezing out too...even if it was 7 degrees! Hopefully some decent sleep tonight will see me good for some sort of long run tomorrow.

Welcome home!

Sun Feb 12th

Chose sleep over a early morning slogrun :rolleyes:

Mon Feb 13th

Easy Run

This is type of run I've missed - fab cool evening with a nice gentle breeze along the sea. Meant to be a nice easy jog but couldn't keep the pace in the recovery zone so I gave up. Loved it!
    Achilles a bit achy so I need to keep an eye on it.

Plan: 4
    Actual: 4
    Time: 37:16
    Avg Pace: 09:18

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Did you not miss the soaring temperatures? :p

• Advertisement

Did you not miss the soaring temperatures? :p

No coz I had 4 layers on me :D

And you had the electric blanket wrapped around you. God bless extension leads

And you had the electric blanket wrapped around you. God bless extension leads

Ah Ro, that's just plain daft. No need for the leccie blanket when I've my sauna suit on :D

Wed Feb 15th

One of those runs where the garmin is ignored, niggles told to feck off and you solve the world problems (in your head anyway :rolleyes:). Meant to be travelling this week again but thankfully plans changed so just enjoying being able to run in the nice evenings.
    Achilles still tight so must book in for a torture session.

Plan: 3 Miles @ 10:15
    Actual: 3.02
    Time: 28:50
    Pace: 09:32 - pace fail but it felt easy so thats all that matters

Its great for clearing the head isnt it :)

Its great for clearing the head isnt it :)

For sure, you appreciate it all the more too when you're coming back from injury or being lazy assed like I was last week.

Nice running shaz ur flying around

Thur Feb 16th

Intervals

1 mile w/u 8 x 400m (1 min rec) 1 mile c/d

My weather guru/interval location advisor had warned me about the wind out and told me these intervals would be tough into the wind. For once she was right :D. She never mentioned the bloody rain though :rolleyes:. The odd ones were into wind/rain and slightly uphill. The even ones I loved!!

Odd Splits (1,3,5,7): 06:58, 07:01, 07:04, 07:04
    Even Splits (2,4,6,8): 06:32, 06:25, 06:35, 06:29

Creme egg treat coming up!!

Distance: 4.5

Hey Wasn't raining when I went up to inspect the location this afternoon :) speedy intervals there missus you will be running with those fast guys on a Saturday morning shortly ;) please don't leave me :(

Nules10 wrote: »
    Hey Wasn't raining when I went up to inspect the location this afternoon :) speedy intervals there missus you will be running with those fast guys on a Saturday morning shortly ;) please don't leave me :(

Eh no fear of that one missus. I take the S out of LSR very seriously ;)...oh and the fact I'm slow as sh1te anyway :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Ah now stop that talk. You are flying. Mind the Achilles, damn injuries.

Sat Feb 18th

OT 5km Fun Run
    So I was one of those "joggers" that took part in the OT 5km today.
    I think this event is great for encouraging people to run and it was brilliant to see so many people out there enjoying it despite the wind and furry glen!! I hope the majority stay with running.

I knew it would be slow to get started with the amount of runners and I was fine with this. It's a fun run after all. First mile was very stop/start so I tried to make up the time on 2 & 3rd mile once I got a relatively clear path (and avoided the cameras too of course). Probably a bit too quick coming out of the furry glen and that slightly killed me.
    Anyway still a PB but didn't manage to get under the 25 so slightly disappointed but I hit my target set for 2012. I will get under 25 on another race so thats some consolation.

Garmin Time: 25:16

LSR (needed to round up to 10 miles for day)

Nules and myself stopped for a few mins after the 5km to cheer on Nules' sis and mother. They did great too and were delighted.
    Tough going when we started again and that wind around the back of the park was a b1tch! Bumped into sunflowerRo too out bombing around :D
    I can't say I liked this run as legs felt heavy but finished off my 7 to round the day up tp the planned 10. Nules continued on for her 13.1 (incl a lap of the visitor centre car park!!) Nice going missus.

LSR Miles: 7
    Total Miles: 10.2
    Avg Pace: 09:35

Another target bites the dust for 2012 :D

Distance | 2012 Target Time | Previous PB | Current PB
    5km| 25:45 |26:58 (Sept 2011)|25:16 (Feb 2012)
    8km|42:26| none| none
    5 Miles| 42:40| 50:58 (Jan 2010) | 41:18 (Jan 2012)
    10km|51:00 |55:32 (June 2010) |53:04 (April 2011)
    10 Miles|1:29:36|none |none
    Half Marathon| 1:59:00 |2:07:59 (Jan 2011)|2:02:xx (May 2011)

ohh look at you and your fancy table and crossing out your targets ;) you picked up your pace up nicely when i left you by the looks of it :D Papal cross car park much better for laps though :)

You know that's an absolute brilliant time. You would def lose a lot of time in a race like that trying to get around people. It was probably 6km on the Garmin!
    You looked as fresh as a daisy when I met yez. Both of you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on The PB, plenty more time to come off that.

Well done shaz, that's great going and as sunflower says imagine how much you can take off that when you dont have to go round people and its not so stop startie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good pb Shaz. The paddys weekend MSB 5k might be worth a shot for you, its fast and flat and the crowd thins out pretty quickly.

Mon Feb 20th

I'd love say this was an enjoyable run but that would be horse crap!

I resented the fact I had to do this run all day purely coz I couldn't have my bucket of starbucks this morn :rolleyes:. So started it in a bad mood and achilles was acting like a brat too. By the time I had finished I had calmed down a wee bit :o

Plan: 4
    Actual: 4.02
    Time: 36:02
    Avg Pace: 08:58

• Advertisement

Ehhhh, who's the speedy one now?!?!

Advertisement