Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

RayCun wrote: »
    10k at the K Club, or the Samsung one? See, two great 10ks next month, you'd be mad to miss out :)
    I agree about the GIR, it's a complete pain in the arse.

Ah Ray now you've confused me. I'd forgotten about the Samsung one. I will check that one out, ta. I'm thinking which ever one is later in April and fits my work travel schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    Is that how you're going to Pace from now on :eek:. I def won't be doing those races :D

Nope, I wouldn't make a suitable candidate I fear, I was more thinking of someone along the lines of Jcsmum's seating partner yesterday. (On the way back:P)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Nope, I wouldn't make a suitable candidate I fear, I was more thinking of someone along the lines of Jcsmum's seating partner yesterday. (On the way back:P)

My lunch and I are about to part company :( (and thanks for the clarification about the journey direction!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Ah Ray now you've confused me. I'd forgotten about the Samsung one. I will check that one out, ta. I'm thinking which ever one is later in April and fits my work travel schedule.

Kclub race is on the 21st april. There is a good crowd of us heading down now it seems. By all accounts it was the fastest 10k last year...

menoscemo wrote: »
    Kclub race is on the 21st april. There is a good crowd of us heading down now it seems. By all accounts it was the fastest 10k last year...

Mmmm fast course you say and all for 15 squids too, might have a winner :). Who else is doing it?

• Advertisement

Tues Mar 20th

Recovery Run

Confidence took a fair batter yesterday so only thing for it was to get back out there this evening. Otherwise I'd find every excuse under the sun not to do anything for the week.

No problems keeping the pace down :rolleyes:. Legs didn't feel too bad but a shocking stitch all through it. A nice relaxing run apart from that though.

Distance: 3.04
    Time: 30:52
    Avg Pace: 10:09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done in Mallow. btw, when you cant drink out of a cup when running, you know you're going fast ;)

Mmmm fast course you say and all for 15 squids too, might have a winner :). Who else is doing it?

Myself RK, Digger, CL, Ray, proabably aimman that I know of. I'm sure there'll be others too.

Yep, I reckon I'll be doing it, but might have to head off straight afterwards to bring people to the airport, but I'll try to hang around for the hot food, more of a reason to finish a bit quicker then usual. :cool:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Myself RK, Digger, CL, Ray, proabably aimman that I know of. I'm sure there'll be others too.

Holy sh1t, Ray is racing west of the M50???:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Holy sh1t, Ray is racing west of the M50???:eek:

It's WHAT?!!?:eek:
    NOBODY TOLD ME :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are you sure? From last year's reports, it certainly sounds civilised

Thur Mar 22nd

Swore to myself I would not go for a run this eve and indeed I would take a few days break from it. So I packed my swim bag fully intent on hitting the pool instead. Dunno how the runners and garmin fell into the bag tho and I ended up heading out anyway :rolleyes:

This was the tonic I needed and I loved this run; reminded me why I'm addicted to the stupid thing in the first place. Beautiful evening by the sea as the sun set and the fog rolled in.

Distance: 3 Miles
    Time: 29:00
    Pace: 09:34

It's WHAT?!!?:eek:
    NOBODY TOLD ME :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are you sure? From last year's reports, it certainly sounds civilised

I just assumed you ran all the BHAA races ray :pac: Gotta get value for your €15 membership what?

Edit: you're a liar ray. I have evidence:
    race website
    route

Interesting...
    Run through the city centre - TCD, O'Connell Street, the quays, Lansdowne Road, Mount Street, finishing on Pearse Street. Pens at the start. 80 minute time limit.
    on the other hand
    26 quid to enter. Nobody pays any attention to pens (and the fastest is sub-45). No indication who is organising it (so will the course be accurate?)

I'm doing the BHAA and GIR 10ks in April, will I go for three in a row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I meant, "nobody told me it was outside the M50" :pac:

Sat Mar 24th

Planned rest day - lots of rehydration work and triceps curls done on Friday night with the A/R/T laides so a wee bit tired after it :)

Sun Mar 25th

Run
    What a fab day out so I had to make the most of it. Headed to the park which was jammed with peeps. I would love to claim that the strategy was to keep this nice and slow but I had no choice really as I was roasting. Never so glad of the breeze in the park before. Knackered by the time I got back to the car and that litre of water I had in it was gone in 2 seconds. 20 degrees according to the car temp.
    Good warm weather training for next week in Brazil :rolleyes:

Distance: 11.06
    Time: 1:52:32
    Pace: 10:10

Cycle

Got back home and initial plan was to clean the house. I just thought sod this and dusted off the MTB and headed off.
    30km done and it just showed off how unfit I am on the bike. More of that to come methinks.

No sign of the magic house cleaning fairies while I was out :mad:

Tues Mar 27th

After 20 odd hours of travelling, I was dying to get out for a run to stretch the legs. A balmy 29 degrees as the sun sets here and I'm sweating buckets after that! Nice to get one in though.

Distance: 3.02
    Time: 29:58
    Pace: 09:55

Wed Mar 28th

Up at the crack of dawn to find time for this run...05:30 to be precise :eek::eek:. Only positive about being up that early was that it was a cool 22 degrees! A really enjoyable run around the local park but alas no sign of my volleyball guys out that early.

Thunderstorm blowing in now and it's flipping freezing with the wind - only 18 degrees. Will have to get a coffee with lunch to warm me up ;)

Distance: 4.08
    Time: 39:51
    Pace: 09:45

Thur Mar 29th

I didn't have time this morning to get the run in so hoped I could get out this eve before it was too dark. Didn't fancy running on my own in Brazil in the dark oddly enough!
    Still fairly humid out although it's only 21 degrees so a nice temperature but still sweating buckets. Still warm enough for the eye candy to be running without t- shirts... omg the six packs :eek::D:D. Anyway I digress...a nice run but tough at times.

Distance: 6.05
    Time: 58:01
    Pace: 09:35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Thur Mar 29th

I didn't have time this morning to get the run in so hoped I could get out this eve before it was too dark. Didn't fancy running on my own in Brazil in the dark oddly enough!
    Still fairly humid out although it's only 21 degrees so a nice temperature but still sweating buckets. Still warm enough for the eye candy to be running without t- shirts... omg the six packs :eek::D:D. Anyway I digress...a nice run but tough at times.

Distance: 6.05
    Time: 58:01
    Pace: 09:35

Jaybus... Even the Brazilians aren't safe ;)

Fri Mar 30th

Leaving Brazil this evening so wanted to get a couple of miles in before the long flight. Only getting back to Ireland tomorrow afternoon so basically hopping straight into car to head over to Conn - thanks Nules :D

Not looking forward to Conn as I'm shattered now after a long week and still 20 hour trip to come! Goal for conn half now is simply to stay awake and finish the race!!

Distance: 2.02
    Time: 19:57
    Pace: 09:53

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck in Conn shaz, enjoy it, and the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

God a long flight like that and then heading to conn, you really are nuts.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Good luck in Conn shazkea!

Fair play getting some miles in in Brazil with all that heat. Sounds like the six packs made it all worthwhile though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Good luck Shaz...:) see you out there somewhere maybe:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Good luck shaz!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

After the long journey from Brazil, sure a few miles of a run will be no problem to you in Connemara. Enjoy it!

Wow, running Connemara after a Brazilian? Thats savage! :eek::eek::eek:

Best of luck, I'll see you out there.

Best of luck boss, no headphones now!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Have a good one Shaz, hope the jetlag doesn't cause too many problems. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Just back in Ireland and its flipping freezing :eek:. Quick turnaround to pick up gear and we're hitting the road soon. Cheers for the good wishes folks - I must admit I'm having second thoughts about the sanity of this!!!!

littlebug wrote: »
    Good luck Shaz...:) see you out there somewhere maybe:)

LB I'll be wearing my red Mallow 10 t-shirt so keep an eye out for it. Hope to catch up with you
    Best of luck boss, no headphones now!!!:P
    :eek: How else am I supposed to stay awake!!

Advertisement