Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

throttle issue with new router? UPC

• 12-03-2011 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Ok, I am in a house share and so the internet has always been a little up and down depending on how many people were on etc. However, when we wanted to change the name on the bill, UPC promptly arrived out saying they needed to give us a new router as well since 'they can't just change the name on the bill'. :confused:
    Anyway, ever since then (about 3/4 weeks ago) if I so much as open utorrent while there are active files, the internet goes so slow that it times-out on all sites and becomes unusable. I wasn't there when they came and I can't find the old router so I assumed they took it back.
    I have noticed a lot of throttle posts and the reason I am starting a new thread is because while I can not use the internet through a browser, the download *does* start, and finish, all at an acceptable speed for my connection here. :confused::confused:

Anyone else getting this? Considering I share a house I can't just kill the internet for everyone else because I want to download something....

Advertisement