Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 27 Predictions

• 12-03-2011 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Thought this might be a fun thread to start so we can see how correct we were.

Anyway, my predictions are:

Alberto Del Rio beats Edge (Vicki and Dolph might distract Edge into losing his belt. Christian might also be involved somehow)
    Randy Orton beats CM Punk (either legit or cause the Nexus get Punk DQ'ed)
    The Undertaker beats HHH (guessing HBK interferes since its a no DQ match and unintentionally makes HHH lose)
    Jerry Lawler beats Michael Cole (Austin and Swagger get in a confrontation, but then JBL comes out while Austin is distracted and tries to ref the match. Then eventually Austin comes back into the ring and makes JBL scarper, so Lawler then wins)
    John Cena beats The Miz (After the match, The Rock will get in the ring, deliver a beat down to both guys, grab the title, hold it aloft for a minute before throwing it over the victors laid out body..and then leaves the ring)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Might be a tad early for this, but anyway I agree with most of your predictions. Orton/Punk could go either way, but I can see Cena, Del Rio, and Taker all winning the 3 main events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

For the few matches set in stone...I'd say:

Cena beats The Miz. There is a ref bump and The Rock has to make the 3 count and raises Cena's arm
    Taker beats HHH. Tombstone on steel steps or some other version of a super tombstone.
    Del Rio beats Edge. Christian turns on Edge.
    Lawler beats Cole. Stunners all round before Jerry gets the 3 count and Lawler and Austin share a beer. JR to commentate.
    CM Punk goes over Orton. Mason Ryan or a new guy levels Randall. (Mania needs a heel victory somewhere)
    Rey Mysterio to beat Cody Rhodes to give the show a happy opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

Oh yeah. Forgot about Cody Rhodes v Rey Mysterio. I think Mysterio will win that one for sure. Unless someone like Golddust or Dusty helps Cody to win.

Btw I was just thinking but imagine for next years WM.....619 v 316. :D

Also, when Del Rio wins, I think E+C will reform for a good while (at least a year or so if not longer). Convinced Edge will give up on the title for a while and be a tag team again. They were hinting this on smackdown, so I think its gonna happen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Matt986 wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Forgot about Cody Rhodes v Rey Mysterio. I think Mysterio will win that one for sure. Unless someone like Golddust or Dusty helps Cody to win.

Btw I was just thinking but imagine for next years WM.....619 v 316. :D

Also, when Del Rio wins, I think E+C will reform for a good while (at least a year or so if not longer). Convinced Edge will give up on the title for a while and be a tag team again. They were hinting this on smackdown, so I think its gonna happen.

I'll just spoiler this in case
    Edge and Christian, plus the potential for a big guy team of Kane and Show, with Corre and maybe Usos and another 1 or 2 and the tag division starts getting credibility again

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

On Smackdown anyway.

I miss the days of Edge & Christian, DX, The Hardy Boyz and the Dudley Boyz....probably the best tag era (in my generation anyway). Hopefully it'll come full circle as many have predicted for the WWE in general, cause right now its all a tad stale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If there is a MITB match at Mania I'd love to see the winner cash in later that night and win. I think it is safe to say Cena and Del Rio will be champions so I like to see an surprise.

Advertisement