Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so angry with people

• 12-03-2011 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I debated for a while on the title and that's the best I can think of, most of a bottle of rose will do that to you :D

ok on that basis please excuse me if I ramble even more than usual :p

I had a guy round tonight for a drink. I've known him ages as he's a neighbour and he and my dad are good mates, so he's always around.

The problem started when he decided for some reason that me knocking him back was to do with my dogs and especially Boe my Springer Spaniel, who is kind of my special needs guy.

So he decided to do the Alpha male bit with Boe and try assert his supposed authority on him, now this guy is a neighbour who, in general, my guys love and always "chat" too but tonight he pushed it too far. I ended up asking him to leave in not very polite terms as he really wound my Boe upto the extent that it has taken me an hour to calm him down.

I had to literally pull this guys hands off Boes collar and tell him to leave my house before my traumatised dog bit him and got himself in trouble through no fault of his.
    He grabbed Boe and tried to pull him onto his lap so he could have a "chat" with him. Boe is not keen on anyone graabbing his collar, although after months of work he will accept me or my dad doing it and you certainly fo not try and yank him by it!
    As soon as I realised what was happening and I got Boes attention and got "guy" to let go all was ok but i'm furious.
    The big reason being how f***ing dare he lay a hand on my dog and believe me when he sobers up tomorrow he's going to hear all about it.
    My big concern is about Boe, he was really really traumitised he was shaking while wagging his tail and trying to get inside me, the poor guy didn't know what to do with himself, the rest of the dogs just yapped loads.

Why do people think they need to dominate the animals they share the world with? This guy knew that Boe was my soft spot, of all my dogs Boe is the one who needs the most awareness of treatment (does that make sense?) I call him my grumpy old guy as there is certain things which a his due age aren't going to change now and this guy decided to get back at me through that.

How do people with dogs ever manage to meet someone to share their life with? I can't ever see it hapening for me :(

Just as well I love my life 99 days out of 100 ( that 1 day I don't like is when we're all injuring ourselves and we all need vet treatment lol)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The chap probably thought that if he got in your dogs good books then he would be in your good books. Obviously he went a bit to far and ended up winding the dog up more than anything.
    Some people just don't know how to handle animals and this chap is obviously one of them.
    You'll meet someone at some stage who loves animals as much as you do then you will be sorted.
    Kinda awkward to answer this cos I dont know should it be an animal issue or a personal issues kind of topic lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

That pisses me off so much :mad: I'm sorry you and Boe had to deal with such an ass.

A similar thing happened to me the other day. My boyfriend has this friend who nobody really likes to be honest. Anyway the three of us had just come back from a day out with friends and I had my dog Ollie with me. Ollie is a recent rescue too and he'd be the same as Boe in that he needs a gentle approach. This guy, "Bob" we'll call him, decided for some reason that he wanted Ollie to obey him. It started with him trying to get Oll to sit and lie down etc. by practically shouting at him at which point Ollie got a bit scared. I told Bob that gently and calmly works better with him but he didn't listen.

Next thing he grabbed Ollie by his collar and proceeded to drag him across the yard ( I have no idea why). Poor Ollie flipped, started whimpering and digging his paws into the ground. I roared at Bob asking him what the hell he thought he was doing, told him to let go of my dog instantly. He was trying to say something about teaching the dog manners but he let go, with Ollie left coughing from where the collar had chocked him.
    It's hard to describe the situation I'm sorry, just get so angry about it.

I nearly killed him. Ollie is quite clingy and has a complete panic attack if you try to tie him to something for a minute and he reacts badly to a raised voice. So like Boe, he was really upset by the whole thing.

The worst thing of all is Bob recently got a puppy (from a puppy farm by the sounds of it) and my heart breaks for the poor thing. He's clearly "physically" training the dog. I was playing ball with it one time and he accidentally made a snap at the ball in my hand out of excitement. I didn't move or utter a word but he instantly flinched back, eyes closed waiting to be hit. There's too much other stuff but the general idea is that he's quite rough with the dog. I avoid him at all costs now anyway. He knows my views on the matter but doesn't care.

God sorry OP, I've totally hijacked your thread. I'm just so angry over these kinds of people, I had to rant a bit.

I hope Boe recovered from it and that you or he never have to deal with this kind of crap again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Cocolola wrote: »
    God sorry OP, I've totally hijacked your thread. I'm just so angry over these kinds of people, I had to rant a bit.

I hope Boe recovered from it and that you or he never have to deal with this kind of crap again.

:D Where better to rant than on the interweb lol.

Well I've got up this morning and with a sober head I'm still cross so I am going to speak to him later. Thankfully Boe seems fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

I hate guys who try to be "alpha male" . . . poor dogs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

OP, I understand your frustration and in a different situation perhaps I would be as upset as you are, but, from your post it seems that the responsible factor of what happens is not exactly (or only) ignorance, but it seems to me that alcohol has played a major role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

micheleabc wrote: »
    OP, I understand your frustration and in a different situation perhaps I would be as upset as you are, but, from your post it seems that the responsible factor of what happens is not exactly (or only) ignorance, but it seems to me that alcohol has played a major role.

Very true but I'm a great believer in "in vino veritas" a persons true colours are sometimes only visible after a glass or 2 of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

That's terrible! Poor Boe, hope he's okay now.

Housemate had a date around once for dinner, and her dog who is 16 and totally senile and deaf and has a tendency to wander in front of people and such. The dog was in the doorway, in the way of the guy, and he gave the dog a swift kick! Thankfully I saw it, told him to get the **** out of our house, and he left. Housemate shared the food with the dog and me instead ;)

Advertisement