Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Question about electrics

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Saruman wrote: »
    I'm hoping you mean Transit :confused:
    Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Yes , sorry for the Confusion.

Damn I thought you were referring to Dr. Frankenfurter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

paddyp wrote: »
    Damn I thought you were referring to Dr. Frankenfurter.
    haha:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is there an advantage over a deep cycle leisure battery compared to a standard car or van battery? I ask because I suspect mine is a car battery but I need to confirm when I take a proper look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Deep cycle batteries are designed to be charged and discharged many times, as you would do when using it in a camper or caravan. Regular car batteries are not designed to be drained completely.

Car battery will work, but it won't last as long as a deep cycle leisure one. The one I got was a 70AH Leisure battery from Halfords for i think it was €130.

Halfords weren't my preference but the motor factors would have had me waiting about another two weeks before he got one in for me, and was only about €15 cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Car battery will work, but it won't last as long as a deep cycle leisure one.

Tis rare that I don't fully agree with you FMG , but in my personal experience , the high rate of charge that modern alternators give out seems to over charge Deep Cycle batteries , especially Gel ones . Not so much acid pnes though tbh . they all seem to last fine getting a charge from mains tho .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Tis rare that I don't fully agree with you FMG , but in my personal experience , the high rate of charge that modern alternators give out seems to over charge Deep Cycle batteries , especially Gel ones . Not so much acid pnes though tbh . they all seem to last fine getting a charge from mains tho .

Fair point, and no argument from me. I'm here to pick up bits here and there, as well as help out when I can.

Advertisement