Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get live nice

• 12-03-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Does any1 know any pet shops or breeders that have live mice ive rang a dozen pet shops and no1 stocks them anymore because of the smell and ease of escape.somewhere in dublin would b preferred but i am willing to travel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

Rachiee wrote: »
    Does any1 know any pet shops or breeders that have live mice ive rang a dozen pet shops and no1 stocks them anymore because of the smell and ease of escape.somewhere in dublin would b preferred but i am willing to travel

are u looking for them for pets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Loopsie wrote: »
    are u looking for them for pets?

I am not going to judge but usually people use the term 'liv mice' when they are planning to feed them live to their reptiles. Not saying that is the OP plan but its something I noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

I am not going to judge but usually people use the term 'liv mice' when they are planning to feed them live to their reptiles. Not saying that is the OP plan but its something I noticed.

precisely the reason i asked above question :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think you're lovely OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP there is a sub-forum for vivarium dwellers if this is what you want them for, you would have more luck with this thread there, perhaps PM one of the moderators and ask them to move it there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Is feeding live prey legal here?

Oh wait it's Ireland . . . it probably is.

I saw some lovely mice in a pet shop once and they were so friendly, I really want some as pets some day :) I'd call them Lorcan Luc and Lucy Luc (or the Irish spelling of Lucy?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Well some repiles do need live food..but in this case I think the mice are ok :)

Where can i get live nice

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Posting this in a personal (mot mod) hat.

People who have kept reptiles sometimes have a problem feeder and need to feed live.

Ive done it with a problem Python--it was a case of loose the snake or feed live.Its not something I personally condone but when a snake has a cost of a few hundred euros one small mouse is sometimes needed to start the feed response again.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

got them in pet shop in tallaght :) the only reason i specified live was they sell them pretty much everywhere frozen, iwanted them as pets got two beautiful females ebony and panda :) only thing ebony was pregnant when i bought her :eek: i didnt know now I have 9 baby mice does anyone want one??

ps three of them have sadly lost a back paw but as they lost it at only two days old hopefully they will learn to walk without it, saw one of them yesterday taking its first steps ahead of its four legged brothers and sisters !

They are only four days old so no hair yet but genetics say they will be black and white they're mother is gorgeous !!

Advertisement