Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boost WiFi range?

Options
  • 12-03-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I just moved into a new house.

The wifi router is downstairs and works fine. However, my bedroom is on the first floor and I can only pick up a feint wireless signal near my bedroom door but nothing at the desk on the other side of the room.

Is their anyway I can boost the signal or buy a piece of hardware for my PC that will be better at picking up the signal?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

change the orientation of the router / antennas - the strongest signal is perpendicular to the antenna

you could also move the router nearer , it's easier to go through ceilings / wooden floors than through foil lined plasterboard

Advertisement