Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rewiring a telephone socket

• 12-03-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i can telephone out & i have broadband,but not recieving calls,my socket is an old one with push in wires,there are 4 wires blue on top,green middle,orange on the bottom, brown is not used
    the new socket from the local hardware has screw in terminals in a block with no colour advice, i would be grateful for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

robbie60 wrote: »
    i can telephone out & i have broadband,but not recieving calls,my socket is an old one with push in wires,there are 4 wires blue on top,green middle,orange on the bottom, brown is not used
    the new socket from the local hardware has screw in terminals in a block with no colour advice, i would be grateful for any advice.

Connect in only the 'blues' to your new socket and it should work ok.

Advertisement