Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a PC Monitor

Options
  • 12-03-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

as the title says, I'm looking to buy a monitor for my PC.
    My PC itself is new, with HDMI output etc.

I'm looking to get something around the 22" size for mainly programming & viewing the odd movie. I'm not a big into gaming.

My budget is around €170.
    I was looking at this Samsung

What do ye think?
    Is there anything I should be looking out for in terms of spec or compatibility?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Looking for one myself. I was impressed by this LED backlight BENQ when I saw it in Peats. At this price on Komplett it is hard to beat. Only thing is there is no HDMI connection.

If you wanted the HDMI this LG looks a decent monitor for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

go with the benq and just use dvi it's the exact same signal type as hdmi so theres no difference between them but if you don't have a dvi output on your comp (strange if you don't) then get a hdmi to dvi cable

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

Big fan of this monitor - http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-W2261VP-inch-LCD-Monitor/dp/B0028KGKJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299945743&sr=1-1

Two of my mates and I have them and no problems or complaints either. Really nice display and colours.

good monitor but theres no led backlight so i find it to be a tad overpriced tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks folks, that BenQ seems good for the price, hard to beat that.

• Advertisement

deejer wrote: »
    Looking for one myself. I was impressed by this LED backlight BENQ when I saw it in Peats. At this price on Komplett it is hard to beat. Only thing is there is no HDMI connection.

If you wanted the HDMI this LG looks a decent monitor for that price

speaking of Komplett.ie, how are they doing these days? The last time I checked they were on the way down. Have they recovered?

I find them good anyway. Have used them a bit in the last few months and always get a response to any email i have sent. Seem to getting things back in order.

Although I have never got delivery. Its only over the road from me in Blanch which is handy. Might be a long way to cork!

I find them good anyway. Have used them a bit in the last few months and always get a response to any email i have sent. Seem to getting things back in order.

Although I have never got delivery. Its only over the road from me in Blanch which is handy. Might be a long way to cork!

true, always nice to be able to pop in and collect something on payment.
    I will see how Elara compare in terms of stock, I find them to be excellent for customer service if just a bit more expensive.

one thing komplett has over elara tho....
    free shiping =P

one thing komplett has over elara tho....
    free shiping =P

good point, anyway, I went with Amazon in the end.

• Advertisement

What did you go with?

What did you go with?

oh sorry, I went for the BenQ 22", at £109 I couldn't ignore it. Seems to fit the bill without lots of extras I'd probably never use/appreciate anyway.

oh sorry, I went for the BenQ 22", at £109 I couldn't ignore it. Seems to fit the bill without lots of extras I'd probably never use/appreciate anyway.

ya good choice id say! And cheaper on amazon too.

Advertisement