Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question abotu this 360 hard drive.

• 12-03-2011 2:22pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

I have a ****ty old 20GB xbox 360 model.

I'm always having to delete stuff so I came across this on deal extreme.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-250gb-hard-disk-drive-module-for-xbox-360-translucent-black-44842 (40 euro delivered)

Say I got this would it just be a matter of removing the old hard drive, sticking this one in, then downloading my profile from xbox live onto the new hard drive?

I don't care much about transfering as I can just stick in the old hard drive for games I want to play on that or redownload them from xbox live.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

You will likely get banned from XBL if you use that HDD online as it's not an official microsoft product

They do work though

Read discussions on the product in question

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

They ban people for using hard drives that are not offical - wtf?

Thought they just ban modders and hackers.

That sucks.

Yeah I was tempted to get one off dealextreme a while back until I found out about that.

You can probably pick up a used one from Gamestop or elsewhere for a cheaper than new/retail priced one

Also if you're ordering from dealextreme or any chinese wholesalers keep in mind the very lengthy shipping periods. Can take up to 4 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I used a chinese hdd for over a year, you won't get banned for using one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayteecork wrote: »

I don't care much about transfering as I can just stick in the old hard drive for games I want to play on that or redownload them from xbox live.

get the transfer cable and it will port your game saves/downloads to your new HD.
    Your old games will still work as they're tied to your account and the console.
    You do not want to be chopping and changing your HD for the sake of a game..sooner or later you will cause damage to the xbox ..all for the sake of being lazy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

no offence but getting banned for using a fake hdd is bull****
    its a rumor thats never been proved just like running fans at 12v will get you banned.
    I ran my fans at 12v and used a fake hdd for over a year and a half and never got banned with my old xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

If you want to upgrade the standard hdd this thread is very helpful http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056091416

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You won't get banned for using a third party hard drive.

You may get banned if the hard drive is identified as a listed drive that is used for modding games, gamertags and system files though.

Advertisement