Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telecom Eireann Gemini SLS

Options
  • 12-03-2011 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Does anybody have any experience with these units. I'm trying to hook a router up to a line that is fed via one of these but can't get a dsl light.

My plan is to take a new socket off the incoming line and bypass it completely just for the router. Any comments appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 agcomms

A few things to check.

Is your DSL Line filtered out before connecting to Telephone sockets?

Do you have an alarm with a Monitoring Dialer, If so is the Line filter out b4 it connects to the alarm Control panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Hi agcomms,

The set up is as follows, incoming line - gemini sls - dsl filter - phone socket. There is also an extension line going to another property. This I believe is the function of the sls. There is no alarm connected. The phone line works fine but no dsl light on router. Have tried 3 different routers, all with the same outcome.

So the plan is to take a connection from the incoming line punchdown on the sls and feed the router with this. Via a filter obviously. Or should I take the incoming line directly to a socket and then feed the router and sls via a filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 agcomms

your second suggestion is exactly what you should do.

Have the line direct to the socket, then use your filter to connect the router to the dsl port, and connect your telecom equipment to the line port of the filter. if you have extension wiring from the main socket, then use the single line filters that came with the router on the extension sockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm not sure what Gemini SLS is. If it's a phone system (PABX) it should be connected like this:

Line----(DSL splitter)
    (phone port)----phone system----
    Your DSL modem should connect to the other port on the splitter.

Advertisement