Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private chat with boards.ie management

Options
  • 12-03-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Is this possible? I have a suggestion, but not one that can be posted here (right now). I've tried PM'ing a few of the management team (the ones that have PM's enabled), but don't seem to be getting replies. I'm guessing it's due to the large number of PM's they get.

So, is there a better way of communicating in private with any of the boards.ie management teams?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Email hello@boards.ie and Darragh should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i have pm'd admin on occasion and on less occasions received replies.

Maybe its because i smell, maybe they're afraid of me - or perhaps they get quite a number of them per day.

As said, email hello@boards.ie with your query - there are people employed to be community managers and they do a pretty good job at it when they are not off their head on coke and hooker orgies

snyper wrote: »
    there are people employed to be community managers and they do a pretty good job at it when they are not off their head on coke and hooker orgies

What's wrong with sailing a flotilla of Galway hookers into the bay packed with crates of Coca Cola?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've tried PM'ing a few of the management team (the ones that have PM's enabled)
    snyper wrote: »
    i have pm'd admin on occasion and on less occasions received replies.
    Crap form...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Is this possible? I have a suggestion, but not one that can be posted here (right now). I've tried PM'ing a few of the management team (the ones that have PM's enabled), but don't seem to be getting replies. I'm guessing it's due to the large number of PM's they get.

So, is there a better way of communicating in private with any of the boards.ie management teams?

Drop me a line. darragh@boards.ie. If I can help you, I will, or at least point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Darragh wrote: »
    Drop me a line. darragh@boards.ie. If I can help you, I will, or at least point you in the right direction.

Email sent a few days ago. Have you received it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Dudess wrote: »
    Crap form...

Indeed. A simple one line acknowledgement would suffice, at least from those online, bearing in mind that admins are voluntary, and staff are not always in the office, or online in other ways,

I've emailed admins (in the former sense) in the past with concerns, only to see them ignored, while they bang away on blogs about web 2.0 (as it was) almost as if boards was just something to add to their CV. If they had other things to deal with, fair enough, but all they had to do was say so.

In any event, I'd think that Darragh has proven his "drive" here more than once, and that the OP will get a response at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Email sent a few days ago. Have you received it?

I did indeed and I forwarded it on. As soon as I have a response about it, I'll let you know. Thanks very much for taking the time to suggest it and put your thoughts together!

Darragh

Advertisement