Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kildare village

Options
  • 12-03-2011 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I registered with Kildare village and was sent a VIP discount e-mail.
    you bring the e-mail along and they give you a wrist bracelet which entitles you to 20 % discount in the list of participating stores during the offer period.
    Not so.
    I bought a pashmina for my wife (it was'nt a clearance item) from Npeal only to be told there was no discount on that item,cost 59 euros.

I complained in the office but was in a hurry to leave.So folks check in the office when they are giving you the wristband and give them a piece of your mind if they wheel out a load of terms and conditions etc!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

At €59 this item is further reduced from the normal outlet price of €89. It's clearly stated that t&cs apply to the discount weekend and I saw at least 3 signs in n peal stating no further discount on clearance or sale items

BTW I,d advise you to change the title as I know kildare village go out of their way to protect their brand and hour accudation is false.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm just back from Kildare Village today, using the same 20% offer as you describe above.

TBH - the T&Cs are pretty clear. The leaflet you receive lists the stores participating as well as the discounts they are offering. At the bottom, the leaflet also states "Subject to T&Cs available at www.kildarevillage.com"

The shops are also clearly highlighting where items are not eligible for the discount. It's really pretty clear - they usually state that items discounted to clear are not eligible for further discount.

From the T&Cs of the event
    Wristband holders acknowledge and agree that:

(i) KRSL, its related companies and the owner of Kildare Village are not responsible for the prices at which any boutique at Kildare Village advertises or sells goods from time to time;
    (ii) neither the Invitation nor Wristbands create a contractual relationship between KRSL and the participant in relation to the Discount or otherwise;
    iii) KRSL, its related companies and the owner of Kildare Village make no warranties regarding the goods (including without limitation the quality thereof) which the participant may obtain from the Participating Boutiques at Kildare Village;
    (iv) the participants shall have no right, and waives his/ her ability to make any claim against KRSL, its related companies and the owner of Kildare Village in the event that a Participating Boutique at Kildare Village fails to honour the Discount purported to be made available by this Promotion in whole or in part, and a participant’s only remedy in such a situation is the making of a claim for redress to the relevant Participating Boutique;

So in short, you should take it up with the store, Npeal, and not with Kildare Village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cjgib

there was nothing to say this was a clearance item!!!!!
    in fact the sales assisitant had to check with the manager.He would'nt have done this if there was any signage and i was told simply "the discount does'nt apply to this item".
    if kildare village or npeal want to make an issue of this posting they are on a hiding to nothing.I will not be bullied .this is typical rip-off ireland crap.!

Were you made buy the item? No, you weren't. You should have voted with your feet and not purchased the shawl.

It is up to each store what items are eligible for the discount. The good stores are making everything available or else clearly marking the ineligible items.

Poor customer service from Npeal but not a rip-off.

"poor customer service" my backside.
    they know exactly what their at!!!
    And yes my wife wanted the shawl ,i did'nt have a choice and the manager knew it.

• Advertisement

cjgib wrote: »
    if kildare village or npeal want to make an issue of this posting they are on a hiding to nothing.I will not be bullied .this is typical rip-off ireland crap.!

Kildare Village parent company is the same company that owns Premium outlets in USA, the largest operator of outlet mall in the world an a turnover of billions. And I have seen them protect their brands and they would not be my choice of company to go against.
    "poor customer service" my backside.
    they know exactly what their at!!!
    And yes my wife wanted the shawl ,i did'nt have a choice and the manager knew it.

And ask her what the price of a 100% cashmere shawl would be normally? At €59 I can assure you, you have got a bargain. I have paid €89 and I thought I had a bargain at that price and the Mother in Law has almost worn it out with the wear she has given it as has herself (owns at least 3), my dad & my mum. (Its been a failsafe gift:D)

Who are you working for?
    And stop trying to scare me.
    Evrything i have posted is the verifiable truth.
    Bring it on sunshine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Bring it on sunshine!!

I would suggest that you calm down, and stop looking to pick a fight with people that are just telling you the way things are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Is Kildare Village owned by the same people that own Woodbury Common in New York?. I was there a couple of years ago and got the same discount booklet. I remember that certain items and ranges were not discounted with the vouchers and some shops were not in the booklet at all. This did not bother us one bit because we felt all the items we were buying were discounted by 40-50% on high street prices so the discount bboklet was just an added bonus, I think the booklet cost about $20 and saved us hundreds.

OP I think you are being a bit arsey about this, the goods in these outlet places are heavily discounted already, looking at the website it seems to be free to register for the VIP discount so it cost you absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Who are you working for?
    Bring it on sunshine!!

Paranoid?

€59 is a great price for a genuine pashmina. I would imagine it is well discounted from the original price.

No retailer is obliged to give you additional discount off any item, reduced or not.
    There's always exceptions to discounts and promotions and you happened to want to purchase one. If you really wanted to make a point you should have put the item back on the shelf.

• Advertisement

Its got nothing to do with discount.A mere 12 euros.
    Its the organised deception behind this,the same deception you are subject to when you go to a dentist,a doctor, a supermarket etc when you spend money in Ireland.

It's not my fault that your too thick to see this and its probably the reason that we are one of the dearest countries in Europe to live in.If you want to live like a lamb than expect to be fleeced on a regular basis!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kate76

I went there a few months ago, very disappointed and won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

OP...take a look around you....every major dept store in Ireland is doing this type of marketing ploy to get people into their shops..

Debanhams in Henry St last week....massive sign saying 25% OFF ....in very small writing...(up to)....

Arnotts had similar type signs (think it was for their household dept)....

What you experienced sounds no different that these type of offers...I've stopped reacting to "Sale" signs simply because theres one every week...it used to be only twice a year...the post Christmas sales and the Summer Sales....now I know that if I miss an offer this week, another will be around the corner...

Its the organised deception behind this,the same deception you are subject to when you go to a dentist,a doctor, a supermarket etc when you spend money in Ireland.

It's not my fault that your too thick to see this and its probably the reason that we are one of the dearest countries in Europe to live in.If you want to live like a lamb than expect to be fleeced on a regular basis!!!

Paranoid a lot it seems.

OP there's a thing called "marketing" and basically what "marketers" do is make stores/products/services more attractive to consumers.

It always happens that they push bounderies and shout about the biggest discount or the best service and that murphys law would have it that what you want isn't always included.

By the way, please feel free to move to another country and get paid the comparative wages in said country for the services you mention above. Also pay comparative taxes, rates and council taxes and see how you get on.
    The grass is not always greener.

cjgib - Please be civil to other posters. Another CMod, jor el, has already warned you to be civil and you failed to heed it.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Sounds like your problems are more than just Kildare village...
    Be glad that you got a deal and got to get your wife a lovely present for a fantastic price and get over it

Who are you working for?
    Bring it on sunshine!!

This week I work for Kildare village,:D I said something positive about petmania last week, so last week I worked for petmania,:D the week before I was told I worked a petrol company:D and I'm sure I'll be accused of working for the Sun newspaper:D too because I pointed out the blatantly obvious word "from" in their promrotion.

Places I don't work for are Debenhams, Halfords, Homebase, Argos & Carpetright as I've never had a good word to say about them and their "pricing" & "sale" policies. :(

I simply pointed out that you missed a very clearly marked exception and also pointed out that you used a word that was libelous and which If it was used in this way against my business I'd have the dogs on you in seconds.

"that you missed a very clearly marked exception and also pointed out that you used a word that was libelous"

I was there on Friday and there was no clearly marked exception.
    The truth is never libellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I have to laugh at the OP, runs out of the shop without complaining and comes on the internet to tear everyone apart :D

It's very common to see that discounts can't be applied to already discounted items so just get over it OP. I'm sure if you wanted to you could probably bring the shawl back and get a refund if you are so aggrieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

91011 wrote: »
    This week I work for Kildare village,:D I said something positive about petmania last week, so last week I worked for petmania,:D the week before I was told I worked a petrol company:D and I'm sure I'll be accused of working for the Sun newspaper:D too because I pointed out the blatantly obvious word "from" in their promrotion.

Places I don't work for are Debenhams, Halfords, Homebase, Argos & Carpetright as I've never had a good word to say about them and their "pricing" & "sale" policies. :(

I simply pointed out that you missed a very clearly marked exception and also pointed out that you used a word that was libelous and which If it was used in this way against my business I'd have the dogs on you in seconds.

Please learn how to argue without the use of threats. Infracted.

• Advertisement

I'm curious to know why all the postings are pro Kildare village.
    Conspiracy of dunces?
    I only went in ther because they were offering an extra 20% off.
    I normally go to the outlet in Banbridge where prices are 20 to 25% cheaper and thats with sterling at 85p.

The last time i was there(last October) i bought an all wool Jaeger suit for 140 euros.!

In the nike store the prices were so low i bought 3 pairs of trainers for my son and a couple of hoodies.

I stopped off in Newry and got 2 new Michelin tyres and the tracking done for 160 euros.

Irish consumers are the dumbest in the world!!!!

Conspiracy of dunces?
    I normally go to the outlet in Banbridge where prices are 20 to 25% cheaper and thats with sterling at 85p.

The last time i was there(last October) i bought an all wool Jaeger suit for 140 euros.!

In the nike store the prices were so low i bought 3 pairs of trainers for my son and a couple of hoodies.

I stopped off in Newry and got 2 new Michelin tyres and the tracking done for 160 euros.

You're an Irish consumer:D

Nobody is pro Kildare Village, they have tried to point out that you don't seem to understand that not everything is how you want it to be.

The majority of posters on this forum have a good grasp of retailing and consumer law.
    Oh except for your wife who came on there to back you up:D

Please learn how to argue without the use of threats. Infracted.

Its not a threath - its what anyone would do if confronted by someone who makes a untrue statement.

btw VERY clearly stated on the little booklet you get. 20% Off MOST ITEMS in following boutiques,

E.G. - Incase its not clear. Most =- Not all. e.g. There are exceptions. E.G. Keep your eyes open.

Maybe boards have no problem in posters using words such as Scam against companies when there is no such thin. or accusing them of "Its the organised deception behind this"

Maybe I'll just bring this thread to the attention of Kildare village and see what they think themselves.

The OP needs to go to specsavers. - Everyone else on this thread hasn't seen an issue even another mod, who also can clearly see the "exceptions" written on black & white (ok in this case white on red)

He!He! He!.
    Lookin forward to meeting your ****zus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

91011 wrote: »
    Its not a threath - its what anyone would do if confronted by someone who makes a untrue statement.

btw VERY clearly stated on the little booklet you get. 20% Off MOST ITEMS in following boutiques,

E.G. - Incase its not clear. Most =- Not all. e.g. There are exceptions. E.G. Keep your eyes open.

Maybe boards have no problem in posters using words such as Scam against companies when there is no such thin. or accusing them of "Its the organised deception behind this"

Maybe I'll just bring this thread to the attention of Kildare village and see what they think themselves.

The OP needs to go to specsavers. - Everyone else on this thread hasn't seen an issue even another mod, who also can clearly see the "exceptions" written on black & white (ok in this case white on red)

You were warned. 7 day ban.
    He!He! He!.
    Lookin forward to meeting your ****zus.

Please don't encourage him - you definitely didn't help the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Conspiracy of dunces?

I've one of those discount cards (you get one if your a member of the AA) and they say to you as you get it not every store will accept it and it does not apply to all products.
    You bought the scarf for the price they told you in the store- you handed over the cash. You could have walked away but you did not want to upset your wife which is lovely, but your decision. So just move on and deal with it.
    This seems like it's more of an anti-irish consumers rant as opposed to a consumer issue.

I suggest you go rant about your conspiracies in the ranting and raving forum :)

OP - in one way I agree with you. Npeal should have clearer signs stating that the pashima was not included in the discount arrangement. They did nothing wrong but they could have been nicer about it.

However, you STILL CHOSE to buy the item. Therefore, ranting about it after the fact, without taking it up with Npeal is doing you no good.

Please also be reminded that your contract of sale is with Npeal, and not with Kildare Village. I fail to see why you continue to bring Kildare Village into this.

THERE WAS NO SIGN INDICATING THE SHAWLS WERE CLEARANCE ITEMS ......Got that?? If you'r having trouble,let me know what part and I'll try and help you out.

I was there on Friday lunchtime.If you were there on Saturday you probably saw a sign because i complained in the office and i presume they would have got on to npeal.

I chose to buy a gift for my wife and did'nt make a protest in the store because i did'nt want to take the gloss off the gift.

Got that one too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ok people are just trying to help you and you are giving off some serious attitude.

why post on a forum if you don't want help and advice. oh wait i think you just posted on here because you wanted to rip peoples heads off because you couldn't get your own way in the shop!

seriously if you don't want help and advice don't post. and ok they may not have had signs up, but that is not our fault. you should have complained there and then but no. you would rather blame people who have nothing to do with it.

urgh

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

THERE WAS NO SIGN INDICATING THE SHAWLS WERE CLEARANCE ITEMS ......Got that?? If you'r having trouble,let me know what part and I'll try and help you out.

I was there on Friday lunchtime.If you were there on Saturday you probably saw a sign because i complained in the office and i presume they would have got on to npeal.

I chose to buy a gift for my wife and did'nt make a protest in the store because i did'nt want to take the gloss off the gift.

Got that one too?

Small problem here - nobody on boards can actually help you. We can all go "there, there love, that's terrible" but no-one can actually reach into the till and give you a few bob or indeed offer you a gift token to make up for the severe, life-shortening stressful situation that you have undergone.

So really, if you want redress , and a solution, you should have looked for it at the point of sale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement