Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kildare village

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cjgib

Several posters have ignored or chosen to ignore the fact that there was NO clearance sign,which i clearly stated.

Whats the point in responding to a posting if you chose to distort what was originally posted.

Apologies for my strident tone but i just dont suffer fools gladly.

I'd want to be fairly dumb to expect "help" from other posters.
    Dont put words into my mouth.
    I posted to caution other consumers before they go there.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Nobody put words into your mouth mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Cjgib, everyone who is reading your posts "gets it", we just don't know if you are capable of "getting it". If you were unhappy with the shop's policy, why did you buy the item there?, you could have easily bought it in a high street shop albeit at full RRP. You were told it was not included in the discount offer prior to purchase so this is in no way a consumer issue, it is your issue and yours alone.

As for the "deception" in supermarkets/Doctors/Dentists, every supermarket I've ever been in has the price marked on every item, if I think it is to expensive I do not buy it, no deception there. You can ask how much a visit to a Doctor costs at the time of booking an appointment and a dentist will give a price for treatment before it begins, you might think the price charged is too high but there is no deception.

You seem an angry little ant but I think most readers here cannot understand why you are making a big deal about this, I do not know how much a pashmina costs but my wife reckons what you paid is a very good price and she would look in that store if she went to Kildare Village.

Just because the price is displayed does'nt mean it has been arrived at fairly.Just because you accept a price does'nt mean you hav'nt been ripped off.
    I wonder are you living in the same country as me.Been to the continent or the UK lately?how did you find the prices compared to here?

I'm not the one making a big deal about a pashmina ,i've already said its not the money but you dont get this do you?

I may be angry but at least i can read and understand whats posted here !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

So why are you here?
    You don't want to return the scarf, you aren't contacting the store/centre again, you bought the product when you knew the price. As far as I can tell you're just here to complain which is not the point of this forum.

Mods, can I respectfully suggest we close this thread? I don't think cjgib has ever read the charter (seeing as he is seems to just be here to complain and insult people) and I have a feeling this conversation is just going to escalade :D

cjgib wrote: »
    Just because the price is displayed does'nt mean it has been arrived at fairly.Just because you accept a price does'nt mean you hav'nt been ripped off.
    I wonder are you living in the same country as me.Been to the continent or the UK lately?how did you find the prices compared to here?

I'm not the one making a big deal about a pashmina ,i've already said its not the money but you dont get this do you?

I may be angry but at least i can read and understand whats posted here !

Vendors are not required to "arrive at prices fairly", the aim of all business is to maximise profits to ensure survival and cover costs, the market sets the price, all vendors want to charge as much as possible, all purchasers want to pay as little as possible, the price lies somewhere in between, if it is too high no one buys, if it is too low there is no profit.

If you pay too much for something then more fool you, you were not forced to buy it. There are hundreds of threads about the costs of goods on the continent and UK and some of the reasons for price differences. There are even some insightful posts from people who currently live abroad informing us of higher taxes in those countries and lower minimum wages, all this has nothing to do with your original post. You were not ripped off, you were just p***ed off that the one thing you wanted to buy was not discounted further, again for the umpteenth time no one forced you to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Whenever I shop in Kildare Village I use my AA membership card to get a 10% discount card from reception - so far I have never been told it cannot be used. I am aware though that certain items are not covered and so just ask at the cash desk and decide if prepared to pay 10% more or not - no point in getting agitated about it.

God bless your innocence.
    It's ok for vendors to collude and fix prices?
    Its ok for them to form cartels?
    The Irish Medical Organisation and the Irish Dental Association are amongst other things ,anti competitive trusts.
    Your quite right .I'm pissed off because i was deceived into thinking the item was cheaper than it actually was.

the fact that you ignore or seek to justify price levels in this country as being relative to wage rates ,taxes etc gives you away.This is the land of the upward only rent review of course you'r probably going to say thats the way it should be.
    Dont make me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

cjgib One last warning to you to be civil. I'm receiving a lot of Reported Posts in relation to this thread, so you're clearly wearing out the patience of a lot of posters.

If you want to argue "Rip Off Ireland" then please go to the Rip Off Ireland Forum (Biz > Consumer > Rip Off Ireland). This forum is for Consumer Issues only.

dudara

• Advertisement

cjgib wrote: »
    God bless your innocence.
    It's ok for vendors to collude and fix prices?
    Its ok for them to form cartels?
    The Irish Medical Organisation and the Irish Dental Association are amongst other things ,anti competitive trusts.
    Your quite right .I'm pissed off because i was deceived into thinking the item was cheaper than it actually was.

the fact that you ignore or seek to justify price levels in this country as being relative to wage rates ,taxes etc gives you away.This is the land of the upward only rent review of course you'r probably going to say thats the way it should be.
    Dont make me laugh!

cjgib, explain to us all please what an "anticompetitive trust" is and post your evidence not your opinion, that the IMO and IDA are what you say.

I'm not trying to justify anything, the point I am making (again) is that this is not a consumer issue, you were not decieved as you were informed of the price prior to purchase, this is not a difficult concept to grasp or so we all thought.

Of course upward only rent reviews are not the way it should be, the way it should be is that landlords charge what someone is willing to pay, like all markets charge to much rent and no one will take it.

How were you decieved?, I just explained this to my seven year old son, if a bag of sweets has €1 price on it and it is not discounted, how much does he think he will have to pay, he answered €1.

Mods I agree with a previous poster, this is becoming ludicrous, the OP cannot engage in a rational discussion.

I was given to believe there was a 20% discount,thats how.Try that on your son.

I'm glad to see you'r all calling for my head.When you cant win the argument attack the man,is'nt that it?

Please close this post ,I'v had enough.

I went to Kildare village yesterday, picked up my wristband and got the list of participating stores. We went specifically to buy my husband a new suit and said we would have a look in Monsoon for a dress for my daughter as she is going to a wedding soon.

Monsoon were listed as being a 10% discount store. When I went to the till the person being served in front of me was arguing with the girl on the till as she had been told they were not in fact participating at all and that Kildare Village had printed their names on the brochure without consulting them. They would not honour the discount. As I was buying something that was already ridiculously cheap I went ahead but I was now aware of the fact that the leaflet contained inaccuracies.

The next shop we went to was Savoy Taylors Guild, they were listed as 20% discount. My husband was interested in two suits, he was also going to buy a few shirts, ties etc. I asked one of the staff members if they were honoring the 20% discount. She said they were. But then she told me that they were not honouring it on multiple buys. So if there were 3 shirts for €100 say, you would only get 10% off. On the two suits my husband was going to buy, along with the multiples of shirts, the discount was now not actually worth very much at all. They lost our business.

Hugo Boss were listed as 10% and honoured it on full priced suits and shirts, one tie was "half price" and there was no further discount.

Ralph Lauren were listed as 10% and appeared to at least be honouring it on all items, even those on offer instore.

We had been traveling up from cork and stopped off on the way home so it wasn't too big a deal for us but frustrating nonetheless and according the assisstant in monsoon, all weekend people had been fuming over the lack of clarity surrounding the promotion. The feedback was that very few of the shops were actually honouring the discount outright. I wouldn't bother ever going back for another one of these promotions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement