Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing Clubs Dundalk?

Options
  • 12-03-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if theres any rowing clubs in dundalk or near it thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Fairly sure there isn't, I've never heard of one anyway.
    There isn't really a suitable stretch of river like there is in Dublin/Cork/Galway/Fermoy/Limerick etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 katemccb

I know there no river rowing but thought might be sea rowing drogheda have club but i wont be around for the introduction day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

There isn't really a suitable stretch of river like there is in Dublin/Cork/Galway/Fermoy/Limerick etc.

there is a good stretch in Drogheda, I row it often during the summer.

there was a mention of a club being setup in Drogheda, but havent heard much more about it. there is a website at http://www.droghedarowingclub.com/ but i dunno who runs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

There are lots of decentish lakes in the north not far from Dundalk.

Not sure on access to them but camlough looks very good - very sheltered etc.

I used to row with Neptune and would love to get out on the water (SUMMER only:D) again sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 katemccb

think i found club in newry that train 2 miles outside on omeath to carlingford road :D dnt knw if still in operation but got a number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭catchup

Newry RC hasn't operated in years. The husband and wife team that were running it returned to England and the club closed down.

Drogheda RC, which operated up to the mid 70's, tried to get going again 3 years ago but the Harbour Master doesn't want traffic interfering with his port and blocked the start up.

Other than that the nearest clubs are in Dublin or Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The Fane ? Bit low atm but when levels are up the flow is low and could be a runner.

OP - If you're interested Dundalk Kayak Club could take you out and show you the basics.

Then you could move on to K1 Kayaking ?

k1-kayak.jpg

Advertisement