Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire vs Desire HD camera comparison

• 12-03-2011 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

OK story is.
    Currently have a Desire but not happy with the photos it takes in dark light, indoors, nightclubs etc. I'm wondering how does the camera on the Desire HD perform in these conditions ? And before anyone says it I already have an actual camera, but it too sucks at indoor shots but is great in other conditions.

Just curious how the Hd camera on the Desire HD performs indoors, is the flash anygood etc etc ? Has anyone had both a Desire and a Desire HD and can compare ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

long_b wrote: »

Thanks. That is pretty interesting but doesn't really tell me how good they are in low light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

I've tried many camera phones - there isn't a decent low light Android phone out there at the moment. Maybe one of the new Sony Ericssons might be OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭DRice

i have taken a few decent snaps in low light with my HTC desire, its no proper digital camera, but its a heck of a lot better than any other phone i have ever had , nokia n97 and n73 and SONY w810i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm no photographer but I'm happy with the dhd camera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The HTC Desire HD camera is bad.
    I had a Sony Ericcson C902 (5mp) and a Sony Ericcson K800 (3.2mp) before the
    HTC Desire HD and their cameras were noticeably sharper and quicker.

The HD shutter is too slow, the plastic lens protector is suspected of blurring the images as it is made of plastic and not optical grade glass.
    Some people have suggested disassembling the phone, take the back off it and knock out the circular lens protector on the case.

I bought the Vignette app, to replace the standard camera app, but don't see a huge difference. It does add a lot of effects, but doesn't improve the shutter speed, focus speed etc. It's my biggest disappointment with the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Sony Ericcson K800 (3.2mp)

Yeah i had two of these in my time and found them awesome.

Anyhow I've had a look at the HD in the shops and decided its too stonkingly big anyhow. I've gone and bought a new camera canon ixus 220hs. Happy with it so far

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Have to say I'm disappointed with it, in particular the shutter speed. I've often had to repeatedly re-take photos before I can remove the hint of blurring. I never had that issue with my Nokia N95.
    I'm assuming it must be the shutter speed then - wonder how poor it is? I just bought myself a "proper" camera and at speeds of 1/4000 I think it's fast enough :)

Advertisement