Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs in America - Anyone ever been? Question

Options
  • 12-03-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, I just bought a ticket to see Arctic Monkeys in Boston as I'll be over there in May. The only option available for international customers was box office collection. It says that the cardholder must collect the ticket but I bought it with my mams credit card who wont be in America with me. I know over here and in England they're ok with this stuff, but was just wondering does anyone know if they are more strict in the US. If I bring the card and my own ID, which will have the same surname, will that be ok?
    Any help here is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I think they're stricter about things like that in the US. If I were you I'd send an email to the venue's box office explaining the situation so the manager can okay it in advance. Print out the email correspondence and bring it with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you bought it through Ticketmaster then there's an option for the person who paid for the ticket to specify another person to pick up the tickets. So your Mam could get in touch (or you could do it for her - it's all by email) and let them know that you will be picking up the tickets. You will need to show some ID at the box office.

Go to ticketmaster.com - go to their Help section and look for the Will Call section, there you go to ask a question and they will sort it out for you.

I've done it before with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Ok cool. Thanks for the help, I actually did both of what you said. I contacted the arena and they replied fairly quickly, said there shouldn't be a problem but to try and have the name changed, so I've emailed Live Nation, hopefully they can get it sorted. One other slight worry of mine is I'll only be 20 when the gig is on, I assume they would specify if the show was over 21's wouldn't they?
    Cheers for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I collected tickets to go to Alcatraz in San Francisco with my brother's credit card who booked the tickets and there was no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I booked tickets in Canada to see Kid Rock a few years ago, and they let me collect with the credit card used during the booking, they didn't ask me for anything except a pin

Oddly enough, I was able to collect my tickets in a clothes store, since it was an official Ticketmaster stockist lol...remember thinking that was bizzare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I had to collect tickets for U2 in Chicago.I just showed my passport as ID and there was no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Myself and my friend booked a concert in Memphis. Her brother booked her ticket with his credit card, but he didn't go to Memphis with her. When she went to collect her ticket at the box office, she had no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Was over to see a metal band outside Boston, in Lowell last summer. Chose box office collection option, and there was no problems for me either. You should be ok. Had also paid for meet and greet with the band, which was all fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ok cool. Thanks for the help, I actually did both of what you said. I contacted the arena and they replied fairly quickly, said there shouldn't be a problem but to try and have the name changed, so I've emailed Live Nation, hopefully they can get it sorted. One other slight worry of mine is I'll only be 20 when the gig is on, I assume they would specify if the show was over 21's wouldn't they?
    Cheers for the advice

They're usually very strict in Boston regarding ID though if the show hasn't specified over 21's you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I emailed ticketmaster anyway and they said that everything is sorted. They told me what to bring and said I'll be grand. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement