Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU Elections 2011

Options
  • 12-03-2011 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

that time of year again, whose going for what this time around??

i heard Derek Daley, Paddy Rockett and Alan sullivan are going for president.
    aoife kenny and barry kennedy for education.
    dee wilson for welfare.
    finn and viv both seeking reelection for their current spots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I'll confirm that I will be running for education officer

Barry Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I suppose I'll put it out there that I'm currently in possession of a nomination form for President and seeking signatures.

Derek Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

I have my form ready and looking for signatures to get nominated for DP/Welfare Officer :)

Thomas Cranley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RandomnoobIII

I wish to propose myself, conal doherty of residence mullingar,westmeath have entered the election for president

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Hi guys!
    Just to say that I, Paddy Rockett am not in the presidential race
    This Year i am running for Campaigns and Services Officer.
    Looking forward to a great week lads and best of luck to ye all

Peace
    Paddy Rockett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭KellingtonDawg

I can confirm that Finn McDuffie is not seeking re-election. He has plans to save the trees in Madagascar... though these plans are not confirmed yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭KellingtonDawg

I wish to propose myself, conal doherty of residence mullingar,westmeath have entered the election for president

You need to fill out a candidate profile for An Focal if you want to be featured in the election special. The deadline for this was at 5pm... though Finn might accommodate you if you contact him within the next hour or so.

Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 msbeesmart

i can confirm that Aoife Kenny will be running for the position of Education Officer in the upcoming elections.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

anyone know if the usual blogs will be running this year

UL Grapevine

The UL Story

UL Vote for me

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kingkane

I suspect those blogs will not be active as those involved must have graduated by now. surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 jasonpkennedy

I'd say if any of them are going to be going this year, it'll be the UL Grapevine. AFAIK, the writers behind UL Vote For Me and UL Story are no longer UL students. That being said, they may still write on it. :) However, I was told of some people who were going to do one last year that didn't get the chance and their take seemed interesting. Hopefully, they'll do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If anyone is thinking of starting an election-related blog (something independent, not pimping any particular candidates), if they let me know by hook or by crook I'll happily include it in the main election thread when the nominations close and we get details. you don't necessarily have to let me know who you are (unless you want some sort of "believed to be independent" stamp on it, which I suggest as a good thing) but if you do, I won't be telling anyone who the author is. Election blogs are a good thing, especially if they're amusing / informative / worth anything to readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Is Ruan DMC leaving now, yeah? Must read up on the candidates.

Viv will be getting my vote for his post anyway, sound lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Skyrim wrote: »
    Viv will be getting my vote for his post anyway, sound lad.

Didnt think he was seeking re-election?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

I heard another name for president but I'm not sure they've made the decision yet to definitely go for it....

Not running yourself tony?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I heard another name for president but I'm not sure they've made the decision yet to definitely go for it....
    bazkennedy wrote: »
    Not running yourself tony?

Typical 3rd party reference... (Cough C&S Hustings :))

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

hi i just spoted this on facebook http://www.facebook.com/endagallerySU?sk=info#!/endagallerySU?sk=wall

looks like we have another candidate for President : Enda Gallery

Signatures got, form submitted. Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 0839642

see you on the battlefield kennedy!!communications is mine u dont stand a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

mayo_lad wrote: »
    hi i just spoted this on facebook http://www.facebook.com/endagallerySU?sk=info#!/endagallerySU?sk=wall

looks like we have another candidate for President : Enda Gallery

I know Enda personally, the guy is a top bloke.

0839642 wrote: »
    see you on the battlefield kennedy!!communications is mine u dont stand a chance!

And you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Baz is not running for communications?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

bazkennedy wrote: »
    And you are?

Clearly someone who is interested in the ULSU elections, doesn't actually know who is running for what, appears to be running for a sabbatical position, hasn't said who they are, has registered a boards.ie account the resembles a UL ID number that doesn't appear to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Typical 3rd party reference... (Cough C&S Hustings :))

Not sure what you mean by that....

Baz - nope, I've heard it rumoured that I was going for it though. I think it probably stemmed from a joking comment I made on here in another thread. Found it quite funny actually so I did nothing to dispel the rumour!

It was Enda Gallery I was referring to. I certainly didn't want to put his name up given I wasn't certain Enda had made the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sinaydk

Ive been waiting for a thread like this! I must say I cant wait for elections, they are always brilliant craic, and I love the rumours etc etc, its all great fun!

Good luck to everyone running :)

Also, what day is the polling day? Thursday?

Polling is Thursday, nominations close at six today. A few last minute dashes around the SU to get forms filled out

For Twitter users can we agree that #voteUL is the standard hashtag

Where and when do we vote? I should have entered for the laugh, i;m a first year so i would have been no threat anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lorcanthrope

http://www.facebook.com/ulstudentsunion/posts/10150109925367787

ULSU confirms candidates. Sceptre, you might want to reroute this information to the top of the thread.

VP/CSO

O'Sullivan, Alan
    Rockett, Paddy

VP/Education

Kennedy, Barry
    Kenny, Aoife

VP/Communications

O'Brien, Kelly
    O'Neill, Keith

DP/Welfare

Boland, Eamon
    Cranley, Thomas