Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote Review

Options
  • 12-03-2011 5:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

My wife and I have just returned from a two week holiday in Lanzarote, Canary Islands and I have to say that it was our best holiday ever. It was our first time to stay there and we were really inpressed. I have travelled a lot and I would consider Lanzarote to be one of the most unique and singular places on earth. The amazing volcanic landscapes and the pristine white villages standing on the black lava fields are a lasting memory. We stayed in the quieter Costa Teguise resort and rather than the more busier Puerto del Carmen. I like the way that they have maintained their traditional style of architecture and have not permitted high rise buildings or gaudy advertising hoardings. Lanzarote has it all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Clareboy wrote: »
    My wife and I have just returned from a two week holiday in Lanzarote, Canary Islands and I have to say that it was our best holiday ever. It was our first time to stay there and we were really inpressed. I have travelled a lot and I would consider Lanzarote to be one of the most unique and singular places on earth. The amazing volcanic landscapes and the pristine white villages standing on the black lava fields are a lasting memory. We stayed in the quieter Costa Teguise resort and rather than the more busier Puerto del Carmen. I like the way that they have maintained their traditional style of architecture and have not permitted high rise buildings or gaudy advertising hoardings. Lanzarote has it all!

How was the accomodation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

As regards our accommodation, we stayed at the Molina de Guatiza Apartments in Costa Teguise, which I booked through www.booking.com. We decided on this complex because it is situated on a quiet residential street within easy walking of the beach, bus stop, supermarket and restaurants. We paid €347 for the two weeks, which is very good value. We found the complex to be very quiet and the staff to be helpful and friendly. The apartments are simply furnished and are cleaned on a regular basis. The complex does need some general maintainence, but outside of a few minor faults, we enjoyed our stay and we would recommend the Molina de Guatiza Apartments.

Advertisement