Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC connection problems

• 12-03-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Based in D24 here and have lost Internet connectivity for the 2 nd time today. Anyone else having issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Yesterday not only was my internet connection down but my home phone and digital tv. It was down for the majority of the day and not fixed til this morning. It went there again this evening for a few minutes. Anyone else having problems like this in the Galway area with UPC or am i the only one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

keithc83 wrote: »
    Yesterday not only was my internet connection down but my home phone and digital tv. It was down for the majority of the day and not fixed til this morning. It went there again this evening for a few minutes. Anyone else having problems like this in the Galway area with UPC or am i the only one?

I read a post a minute or two ago saying Galway had some kind of electrical thingymabob, which explained it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056208938 There!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Thanks for that /\/ollog. I wasn't sure if it was to do with my connection or not as it was getting really annoying not knowing if it was going to go again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cork's timing out on common sites like Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

upc speeds are very slow for me on a 30 meg line getting at best 300kb/s download speeds for the last 3 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bizmark - Brian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Is it crapping out at regular intervals for folks then coming back? There was something on here before about the router resetting itself every hour. Thread was from the last couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Gone again here in D24 since 9.30 this evening? No TV, Internet or Phoneline. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Confirmed by UPC that the whole estate is down. No details on when they expect to resolve it! 14 hours down already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just came back in D10 here. Was down for about 90 mins. First outtage since I got it 2 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

I'm in D-15 and our internet has been slow and occasionally dropping off completely all weekend.

UPC seems to do this every so often.

And it's gone again! UPC support could only say it is effecting a lot of users in this area. This apartment complex is wired for Sky so I think my best course is to check alternative phone & broadband suppliers and move my business.

Advertisement