Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo Designer Dublin?

Options
  • 12-03-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a reasonably priced (up to €350) logo designer for a website. Have an idea in mind but dont want to go to those expensive companies am on a budget at the mo and got some quotes of near €1000 way too high. Just looking to get a logo designed at a reasonable cost/good service in Dublin area if anyone has any reccomendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

miss choc wrote: »
    Anyone know of a reasonably priced (up to €350) logo designer for a website. Have an idea in mind but dont want to go to those expensive companies am on a budget at the mo and got some quotes of near €1000 way too high. Just looking to get a logo designed at a reasonable cost/good service in Dublin area if anyone has any reccomendations.

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

There are some great designers on this site: http://logopond.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 trickobrien

If you still need an inexpensive logo,I can do it for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭stephenpalmer

Logo design.. is way over priced.. even with a bit of research you could make your own logo using photoshop.. takes a bit of time but think of the money you would save! :)

Logo design.. is way over priced.. even with a bit of research you could make your own logo using photoshop.. takes a bit of time but think of the money you would save! :)

The fact that you're suggesting using Photoshop shows you don't understand the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Making your own logo is definitely an option, now whether you have the creative spark to get a decent logo done is another thing. Use illustrator to make your logo and see what you can come up with. But do your research first dont just jump into it. Think about what you want your logo to convey and whether its going to be pictorial, abstract or whatever.

Maybe ask yourself these questions: http://www.thedesigncubicle.com/2009/07/20-questions-to-ask-clients-prior-to-designing-a-logo/

If worst comes to worst and you cant come up with something you like, well at least you've some research to bring with you to a logo designer. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

steve_ wrote: »
    Making your own logo is definitely an option, now whether you have the creative spark to get a decent logo done is another thing. Use illustrator to make your logo and see what you can come up with. But do your research first dont just jump into it. Think about what you want your logo to convey and whether its going to be pictorial, abstract or whatever.

Maybe ask yourself these questions: http://www.thedesigncubicle.com/2009/07/20-questions-to-ask-clients-prior-to-designing-a-logo/

If worst comes to worst and you cant come up with something you like, well at least you've some research to bring with you to a logo designer. Best of luck

+1

OP why not have a competition!
    Plenty of unemployed graphic designers here on boards. PM those who express an interest with full details.
    They can PM/email you back with drafts and choose whichever you like and give a prize say two hundred euro for the winner! and 50 each for two runners up. Then show the winning logo along with your reasons for choosing it (it is your logo and ultimately will front your venture).
    I'd happily spend some time pitting my artistic skills for the chance of two hundred yo yo's. Could do with the mental exercise as well.

Either way you win and get a selection of logos to choose from for an outlay of 300 quid.
    Just a thought to liven up the day! :pac:

cormee wrote: »
    The fact that you're suggesting using Photoshop shows you don't understand the process.

Or could it be that you dont know how to use photoshop? Logo's can easily be done using this.. It just depends how good you are at it....... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Humans eh! wrote: »
    +1

OP why not have a competition!
    Plenty of unemployed graphic designers here on boards. PM those who express an interest with full details.
    They can PM/email you back with drafts and choose whichever you like and give a prize say two hundred euro for the winner! and 50 each for two runners up. Then show the winning logo along with your reasons for choosing it (it is your logo and ultimately will front your venture).
    I'd happily spend some time pitting my artistic skills for the chance of two hundred yo yo's. Could do with the mental exercise as well.

Either way you win and get a selection of logos to choose from for an outlay of 300 quid.
    Just a thought to liven up the day! :pac:
    Generally not a good way to get a quality logo. Most people don't like working "for free" on the chance you'll "like" their logo, certainly not anyone's who's talented. Design is not luck, you need to spend time with a client understanding their needs and working towards a solution that suits them, so competitions don't work very well because it's pot luck for someone.

If you want cheap & cheerful, use a logo service like logoyes.com - when you need something more considered and professional then hire a logo designer and work with them. There is a 'designer wanted' thread in the Design forum you can post a request to.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Or could it be that you dont know how to use photoshop? Logo's can easily be done using this.. It just depends how good you are at it....... :cool:
    Cough.

Your own 'logo' is done with css.

• Advertisement

It's not that I don't know how to use Photoshop, I do, which is why I know it's not suitable. I've been using it daily for about 20 years now am and aware of its capabilities and shortcomings. Photoshop is not an appropriate tool for creating scalable, vector-based graphics. It's graphics/image-editing software hence the word 'Photo' in the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Bun fight, Bun fight!

Look - you can make a logo for Photoshop, but technically its not the best tool to use. In the same respect that you can make and logo from Microsoft Paint!

And I'd be of the opinion that logos are over priced in that parish and that if you search the web and trawl a d few of the freelance sites you'll get what you want. Actually on I was looking at the other day has a system where you post your requirements, then people submit logos to that spec and you pick one - cool idea.

blue4ever wrote: »
    Bun fight, Bun fight!

Look - you can make a logo for Photoshop, but technically its not the best tool to use. In the same respect that you can make and logo from Microsoft Paint!

And I'd be of the opinion that logos are over priced in that parish and that if you search the web and trawl a d few of the freelance sites you'll get what you want. Actually on I was looking at the other day has a system where you post your requirements, then people submit logos to that spec and you pick one - cool idea.

No professional designer (emphasis on 'professional') would use Photoshop or Microsoft Paint to produce a logo, and since OP is offering €350 it's fairly safe to assume she's looking for something a little more professional than a 200x50 pixel gif of the company name with some drop shadow and lens-flare.

cormee wrote: »
    No professional designer (emphasis on 'professional') would use Photoshop or Microsoft Paint to produce a logo, and since OP is offering €350 it's fairly safe to assume she's looking for something a little more professional than a 200x50 pixel gif of the company name with some drop shadow and lens-flare.

I disagree... there is many applications that would come in hand with photoshop a whole suite in fact.. I should let you know that a lot of logo's are made using photoshop.. now im not saying its by any means, the best way to do it... but I wouldn't go saying "the fact that ure even suggesting photoshop means you dont know what you are talking about!"

Ill make you a logo, which I bet will be a lot better quality than the one you pay €350 for..

And tricky :) im still designing my logo for my site.. not to rushed really though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Totally agree with Cormee (because he's right), a raster based app isn't the best option for creating a logo, you will risk creating more work further down the line, and might have to employ somebody to re-design in vector format.

You can get away with it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can design a logo with a pencil or scan your butt if you like. I've done some with a paint brush in the past. Obviously a vector image is better and you'd probably have to change it to that eventually. Its not unusual for a logo to change as business changes either.

The hardest part of logos is coming up with the idea. Not the drawing of it.

Advertisement