Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diy garden furniture

• 12-03-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

through various donations of furniture over the last year or two i have a large dining type table that i have no use for. to make use of it i was going to sand it and tile the surface with various tiles left over from jobs ect.
    my question is how would i treat the rest, ie the underneath and the legs.
    it would be probably a better idea to donate it but it was given to me when i was badly stuck so has a bit of meaning attached to it.
    i think its pine, or a pine vineer.:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

You can varnish it with Sadolins or Ronseal wood finish. Make sure it suitable for outdoors. If you are going to tile the table top make sure you use the correct adhesive or else the tiles will lift in no time at all. also it will make the table very heavy to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

through various donations of furniture over the last year or two i have a large dining type table that i have no use for. to make use of it i was going to sand it and tile the surface with various tiles left over from jobs ect.
    my question is how would i treat the rest, ie the underneath and the legs.
    it would be probably a better idea to donate it but it was given to me when i was badly stuck so has a bit of meaning attached to it.
    i think its pine, or a pine vineer.:o

Wouldn't last a winter (or summer come to that) no matter what you did it will simply fall apart from the rain.

Advertisement