Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septum advice.

Options
  • 12-03-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hey all, got my septum pierced on Wednesday and my piercer told me it would be very sore while cleaning it, twisting it, etc. but this morning while cleaning it, hot compress on it, I must have cut it as a WEE bit of blood was on my cotton ball.
    Now while eating my dinner I just got a sharp pain on the piercing or whatever and went to the bathroom, wet a cotton bud and there was more blood. Not a lot just a small, small amount.
    Just wondering if this is normal and could anyone give me some after care tips to make it all a little less uncomfortable.
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Doubt it's much to worry about. To be honest I wouldn't twist the jewellery, you want the fistula to form as fast as possible, irritating the bed by twisting the jewellery will slow this down and hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

OK, thanks, just got a bit freaked out as none of my piercing have ever bled. :P
    Much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you are really worried about it just head back to the studio and ask em to take a look :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

What jewellery is in there? There might be a scratch on the jewellery cutting you?

Don't move the piercing, and heal it either always flipped up or always flipped down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

It's a ring with one ball. I'm sure it's standard metal that's used for all piercing jewelery.
    Flipped up or down, whaaa? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's a ring with one ball. I'm sure it's standard metal that's used for all piercing jewelery.
    Flipped up or down, whaaa? :P

I'm assuming you have a CBR (captive bead ring) in it, like this, so flipping it up is not an option. Basically just leave it alone while it's healing. Flipping it up meaning pushing the jewellery up your nose to hide it, like this:

4473458867_3f06e57f50.jpg

Advertisement