Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Boards.ie like the Ministry of Truth...

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

If a person can't tell what is or isn't not abuse then I don't see how they can function as a mod. Maybe AH mods need a set tour of duty and then time off, other wise they become like Junior School teachers who are exempt from jury duty as they no longer have a rational sense of what is acceptable behaviour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sharrow wrote: »
    If a person can't tell what is or isn't not abuse then I don't see how they can function as a mod. Maybe AH mods need a set tour of duty and then time off, other wise they become like Junior School teachers who are exempt from jury duty as they no longer have a rational sense of what is acceptable behaviour.

It's not what's consider abuse but where is the line that a mod needs to step in that is being discussed. e.g. Terms like idiot and fool are abusive but should a mod act on those terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nodin wrote: »

I have a post explaining it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71418165&postcount=14

Can you keep your posts about the closing of that thread in there as it just makes it easier to reply to the one issue on the one thread.

Advertisement