Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheap Hard Drives?

Options
  • 12-03-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone know where you can buy a good cheap external hard drive in the city? I want to buy one tomorrow but i'm working and can only get one on my break so I can't afford to go round to every shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

KalEl88 wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can buy a good cheap external hard drive in the city? I want to buy one tomorrow but i'm working and can only get one on my break so I can't afford to go round to every shop.

I got one from Easons (upstairs) at least a year ago and it was pretty cheap...about 75 euro for 320GB so it would be even cheaper now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

picked up a 500GB seagate @ easons about a month ago for 70euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

49 in Hardly Normal

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Thanks for that lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

They do appear on adverts.ie sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Both Easons and Cartridge Kiosk (I think that's what they're called) on Castle Street are good bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    Both Easons and Cartridge Kiosk (I think that's what they're called) on Castle Street are good bets.

Yep, I got a 1TB Iomega HD in Cartridge Kiosk last week for €64.99, pretty decent. They have a couple of different ones as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Yep, I got a 1TB Iomega HD in Cartridge Kiosk last week for €64.99, pretty decent. They have a couple of different ones as well.

That is seriously cheap I was going to buy an enclosure for one but its hardly worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Harvey Norman have a 1TB External HDD for 67 during March.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

got a terabyte in pc world for 70 quid, cartridge kiosk do them for around that too. only thing is they need to be plugged in. a terabyte that runs off a usb into a laptop was around 140-170.

• Advertisement
Advertisement