Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question about signal interference from other dishes.

• 12-03-2011 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me if another dish close to mine is causing reception problems?
    Iv been using same sky standard dish for several years now with no problems, a lady got a sky plus dish installed on the pole just above my dish but recently I noticed someone else hooked up another 2 cables to her sky plus dish and since then my reception has being giving me serious trouble, Iv tried everything with the cable and replaced the standard box but still having trouble, Sometimes if I turn off the 22KHz command I can receive some channels but its gone now completely since yesterday..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

charlemont wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me if another dish close to mine is causing reception problems?
    Iv been using same sky standard dish for several years now with no problems, a lady got a sky plus dish installed on the pole just above my dish but recently I noticed someone else hooked up another 2 cables to her sky plus dish and since then my reception has being giving me serious trouble, Iv tried everything with the cable and replaced the standard box but still having trouble, Sometimes if I turn off the 22KHz command I can receive some channels but its gone now completely since yesterday..
    Would they have knocked your dish out of alignment when they were up messing with hers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

As far as im aware they didnt knock it out of alignment as iv had the channels a few times since and the signal/quality was ok.. Im driven mad over it, Its possibly LNB ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭biscuiteater

could the pole, dish or cables actually be in the way of your signal if it's directly above, blocking the view that your dish used to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

It could be the extra cables causing the problem. Check your signal levels first. It's possible that when her dish was initially installed, the lnb and lnb arm and cables may have reduced your signal, but not enough that you'd notice (unless you checked the signal levels on the box). These extra cables could be just tipping the signal level over the threshold.

It depends on how close the dishes are. A couple of pics might help in diagnosis.

Yeah, I reckon it could be the cables, thanks , the guy responsible better fix it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Dishes from different houses should not be on same pole unless there are other precautions. (electrical safety)

Also wind load can be excessive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Nothing that a hacksaw wouldn't cure. If it's YOUR pole, saw it off just above your dish.

It was the LNB all along, water had rotted the connection. Sorted now, Thankfully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Excellent. so you claim off the installer who bodged the waterproofing of the connection, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vdubber9411

You may find that your neighbours dish is in direct LOS (line of sight) and is blocking your signal! If its higher than your dish and relatively close this can happen! I know because I had to move one when some muppet engineer put a dish in direct LOS with one of my customers dishes! This is more likely to happen when the dish is pretty much straight on with wall of the house!:confused:

• Advertisement

All sorted now, No, Thankfully the other dish had nothing to do with it, The connection to LNB got soaked, It was wrecked, But I got another LNB for nothing and a neighbours friend sorted it out, It was originally installed in 06 so no point in complaining to the original installer now..

Advertisement