Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Trimester - Pink Discharge and can't find an explanation - any experience of this

Options
  • 12-03-2011 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

This one is a bit gross but I am really confused and would appreciate info from anyone who has experienced this before.
    I had a totally normal first trimester with no issues besides awful morning sickness. I am now 14 weeks 6 days and in the last two weeks I have been experiencing discharge that is either pale pink or brownish. I haven't had any blood or cramping but when I went to the hospital on Monday they asked me for a urine sample and said I had blood in my urine and probably had a kidney infection. They put me on an anti-biotic to heal the infection. I had a quick scan and the baby was fine. But when I got the results of my urine test they said there was no infection but I'm still getting the blood in my urine and discoloured discharge so I have no idea what is going on now :( It's quite stressful because it's not going away but there doesn't seem to be an explanation. If anyone else experienced this I'd be delighted to know what happened might help me understand what's going on. The doctor I got on Monday just said I shouldn't worry unless I have red blood but the books etc seem to say otherwise - I'm confused and a bit worried. Now the sickness has passed I was looking forward to enjoying this stage of my pregnancy but the pink discharge is ruining my peace of mind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Most women bleed throughout pregnancy, if you're worried look for a second opinion.

We cannot give medical advice here as to what it might be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement