Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance

Options
  • 12-03-2011 8:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44

quick query, eager for feedback on this

i'm tryin to get rent allowance at the moment for a place i just moved into. i have to prove that i have been renting for 6 of the past 12 months

i have indeed been renting for 6 of the past 12 months. however my previous landlord is nervous about me stating this in my claim as he has not been payin tax or whatever on his rental income. he is therefore reluctant to provide the documentation i need

should he really have any concern? i stated that it was me who was being assessed in this case and he would should not be worried

what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

ekans wrote: »
    quick query, eager for feedback on this

i'm tryin to get rent allowance at the moment for a place i just moved into. i have to prove that i have been renting for 6 of the past 12 months

i have indeed been renting for 6 of the past 12 months. however my previous landlord is nervous about me stating this in my claim as he has not been payin tax or whatever on his rental income. he is therefore reluctant to provide the documentation i need

should he really have any concern? i stated that it was me who was being assessed in this case and he would should not be worried

what do you think?

Do you not have a rent book and/or bank statements showing payments which would suffice for proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Landlord's illegally not paying tax is not your problem (and I am a landlord!). Just give the Social any info you have; as long as you have some proof- such as bank statement, reciepts or similar, you should be fine.

Advertisement