Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverside Fire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hope no one was injured, and everyone is safe! My bf rang me to tell me he saw it! What time did it start I wonder? Is it the area the new cuniffee electric is in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Vodkat wrote: »
    Hope no one was injured, and everyone is safe! My bf rang me to tell me he saw it! What time did it start I wonder? Is it the area the new cuniffee electric is in?

Believed to have about 8pm yes it is all the units behind Cunniffes and 'hearsay' says it has reached cunniffes.

'hearsay' started in liquidation shop (advertiser unconfirmed report) units jsut arrived from clare and talk of hydralic unit coming from Shannon, other brigades on route from gort etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A1 Fiend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

hope they get it under control soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

It looks like the fire brigade have it under control. I don't know what units have been damaged but the ones facing the road appear safe now.

anyone wanna send a link to google street view of the buuldings it burned, i see cara office and tommy varden, but there's 3 buildings facing the road, is this where it started?

aunt was at a kickboxing championship and she said they just announced it where they were and the owner of the black dragon kickboxing club was there, it was burnt down afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

God that's horrific :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

mink_man wrote: »
    anyone wanna send a link to google street view of the buuldings it burned, i see cara office and tommy varden, but there's 3 buildings facing the road, is this where it started?

http://maps.google.ie/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.288919,-9.02555&spn=0.001408,0.004128&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.288816,-9.025474&panoid=0lClSdBE3M7kz3-Qv5Ak5g&cbp=12,19.97,,0,1.55

I think anything above that is safe.

There's no more flames visible, but a plum of smoke coming from the centre of the warehouses.

mink_man wrote: »

posted link, cara is no longer there that is the liquidation shop that it is believed to have started in and arramount is now westlink motors garage. only moved in 4 months ago both of these buisnesses. Top of hill near road is now cunniffes electric too. The others are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Cuniffe's warehouse is gone, shop is full of smoke, that's from the horses mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Hope it doesn't spread to residential areas

Fire under control, cases managed to get away with any damage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Fire under control, cases managed to get away with any damage.
    Is that the same as "put out"?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Is that the same as "put out"?

no, brigades will be there till early hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

no, brigades will be there till early hours.
    Sometimes "under control" just mean it's contained but everything will be cinders by the time it's burned itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Drove by about 20 minutes ago.
    Still a lot of smoke coming from it but looks like the fire brigade have stopped it from spreading and getting the buildings at the front

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Fair play to the Galway Advertiser on Facebook, only place I could get any news on it

5 buildings destroyed - Westlink motors, cara supplies (which I earlier said was no longer there, but apparently is) Liquidation Shop, Black dragon kick boxing gym, Tommy Vardens. Cuniffes Electrical and Cases Wine as well as a number of other units smoke damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

jd007 wrote: »
    Fair play to the Galway Advertiser on Facebook, only place I could get any news on it

100% agree with you,Fair play to them, Devastated to all who have been affected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

5 buildings destroyed - Westlink motors, cara supplies (which I earlier said was no longer there, but apparently is) Liquidation Shop, Black dragon kick boxing gym, Tommy Vardens. Cuniffes Electrical and Cases Wine as well as a number of other units smoke damaged.

They updated again listing Varden's as one of those with just smoke damage..

They updated again listing Varden's as one of those with just smoke damage..

Yeah, its kinda annoying so much change I guess we will know the facts tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Cunniffe's just has smoke damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

fire seems to be extinguished

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Joe Public loves a good mystery blaze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

thats terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

On my way up to Galway yesterday evening, I seen smoke there around 19.20. thought it was a patch of fog at the time.

Advertisement